Gonna Tie Up Some Flies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gonna Tie Up Some Flies

It's officially freezing out. 13 degrees at my house yesterday morning and 17 degrees today. I've been messing around with pinball machines so far this winter, but it's time for me to tie up some flies. I'll post some photos of my creations. Not sure if I need to order some more feathers, or if I have enough materials and hooks on hand already.

2024 has not been conducive to fishing thus far, that's for sure. Feels like there has been a grand total of maybe 2 or 3 fishable days. Everything else has been either 30mph wind, temps well below freezing, or rain.
    Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
    2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

Tom -- Good idea. I need to do the same. I look forward to seeing your work.

I tied these flies for a FSFF member recently:

IMG_6940.jpg

They're my most productive bluegill/panfish patterns. Now I need to tie some for me. Plus I need to refresh my stock of pickerel and bass flies.

Dave -- Yes, January's weather has been miserable. One of my goals is to catch fish locally from my kayak each month of the year. I've succeeded in doing that the past few years. But so far in 2024 high winds and now snow and ice have kept me off of the water. However, the forecast next week looks promising. I hope it's accurate. I have 13 days to keep my annual streak alive.

Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Those look great Mark! I was given a metal storage box that was used to store old slides from photographs/film. I'm planning to install some foam in the empty columns inside the box and then fill it with flies. I'll post some photos as I work on it.

Comment

Here is the box. It is 14.25 inches x 7.5 inches.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X