Great job!
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Real nice smallies.
      from your pics and your other post from this area, I figured you would have to do a float there and put in and take out at different spots.
      Pretty cool you can actually do that kind of fishing solo. Another new place to put on my to do list.
      Havent fished the upper Potomac before and now that I have the cuda I don't have to worry about tearing up the mirage drive ... lol.
      2013 PRO ANGLER 12
      2013 Cuda 12

Comment

"The Breaks" is a sure bet to break a mirage drive.
        Hurricane Skimmer 128
        WS Pamlico 100

Comment

Nice Smallies! That looks like a great trip! One of the places I need to get in and fish is the upper potomac.
          WS ATAK

Comment

Originally posted by CAGE RATTLER View Post
            Real nice smallies.
            from your pics and your other post from this area, I figured you would have to do a float there and put in and take out at different spots.
            Pretty cool you can actually do that kind of fishing solo. Another new place to put on my to do list.
            Havent fished the upper Potomac before and now that I have the cuda I don't have to worry about tearing up the mirage drive ... lol.
            Anyone that wants to fish Seneca Breaks should do it within the next month. Once the river cools down, many fish disappear from the location and move other places.

Comment

Originally posted by DanMarino View Post
              Anyone that wants to fish Seneca Breaks should do it within the next month. Once the river cools down, many fish disappear from the location and move other places.
              I went yesterday for my first time, gorgeous place! I found myself doing a lot more kayaking and less fishing due to the nature of the river. Looking for funnels through the rapids and avoiding rocks was a fulltime affair, I wasn't able to cast unless I was anchored. The wind certainly wasn't helping, it was howling straight downriver. I managed 2 smallies, a bunch of sunfish, and a nasty sunburn!

The Lure 11.5 managed the trip as expected. I was able to stand and fish in the wind and current. However if I do this trip again, I'd bring a smaller, more nimble boat. Having to paddle across current or upstream was difficult. I hit countless rocks (30+?) and became completely stuck or wedged between 2 rocks at least 6 times. And the pullout to cross over to the C&O is steep uphill, not the best for a fully loaded Lure, but the wheel in the keel was a lifesaver. Cage Rattler, bring the Moken 10, I was wishing I still had it several times yesterday!
              Mike
              Feelfree Lure 11.5
              Ocean Kayak Zest Two EXP

Comment

The more you fish the Upper Potomac, the more you will develop ways to fish the productive spots.
                Often the best way is to park your kayak on a rock or on the shore and get out for a few minutes and fish.
                Another method is to tuck your kayak in behind an island, rock, or ledge. That way your kayak isn't floating down river and you can fish the area.
                As far as the takeout to get from the river to the canal, I bring my kayak cart with me if I am fishing alone.
                If someone is with me we carry the kayaks up to the canal one at a time.
                Good luck and get out there and catch a few!

Comment

Sold the moken 10 after getting the cuda.
                  2013 PRO ANGLER 12
                  2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Working...
                  X