Saturday morning Potomac run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonV View Post
    Go with Brunswick to Lander. The water moves pretty fast about half of the way and then slows as you are coming up on Lander. We just did it a few weeks ago and I think it would be right around your 2 hour trip. We were kayaking and fishing and slowed down the tubers in our group as they had to wait for us to catch up. Floating straight through I think you would be right on 2hrs. or less
    Perfect thanks. Unfortunately I may have found this info out at the end of the year. It's going to be in the low 70's and clouds/rain so even with warm water that doesn't sound like tubing weather

Um...how do I get to Lander again? I've only accessed it by bike
    Last edited by Dave in Mount Airy; 09-12-2014, 04:08 PM.

Comment

When I floated down from Brunswick to landers in July I ran into some tubers at landers carpooling to Brunswick and I was wondering how well does tubing work on that river? How do you maneuver from side of the river to the other side?
      PigPen - Mt Airy
      Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

Originally posted by PigPen View Post
        When I floated down from Brunswick to landers in July I ran into some tubers at landers carpooling to Brunswick and I was wondering how well does tubing work on that river? How do you maneuver from side of the river to the other side?
        Tubing works great but I'm not sure I'd bother trying to go from one bank the other, it's wide ass river. To be honest I don't maneuver very much, I let the river do the work, but when i do I either kick or reach out and paddle, or both. But I have a very big tube for comfort so I can't get both arms into the water at once.

If you really need to get to a spot it would probably be easier to just hope off and walk, the river's very shallow in most all spots.

Comment

Working...
        X