No announcement yet.

Fall fishing and dry feet question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got my Tarpon 140; I need to ask for recommendations on dry pants and tops. I realize that like most thing, brands and prices can vary widely.
    However, I do need both - sooner is probably better than later. I will be fishing the bay, the Tidewater areas, and some fresh water. Appreciate your thoughts and recommendations. Cheers.
    DaveO
    Arnold/Annapolis
    Yellow Tarpon 140

Comment

Originally posted by DaveO View Post
      Just got my Tarpon 140; I need to ask for recommendations on dry pants and tops. I realize that like most thing, brands and prices can vary widely.
      However, I do need both - sooner is probably better than later. I will be fishing the bay, the Tidewater areas, and some fresh water. Appreciate your thoughts and recommendations. Cheers.
      It is already cold enough for them. I have these and recommend them if they are within your budget:http://kokatat.com/products/bibs-and...socks-men.html

A lot of people just get by with regular waders if you are on a tight budget.

As for the dry top, I would recommend a semi-dry unless you plan on going out in really cold temps. The gaskets are a little more comfortable.

I still have my size xl dry top for sale in the tackle shop on here. It is in good condition. Will sell the top for $100, but I decided to keep the pants.

Comment

The neoprene booties I bought worked out great. As soon as I got them I drew a cold bath, stuck them on, and waded in, stood there a few minuets, then took them off and stepped back in. Oh my god, the difference was night and day. I tested them in the water on Friday and they were great, kept my feet nice and dry.

sadly the waterproof socks I also ordered arrived as a size small, so back they go, larger ones are heading my way now.
        Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
        Lime Slayer 10

Comment

I used to have a pair of those waterproof socks, but I lost one of them. Thinking about getting a pair to wear under my dry suit and dry pants. Trying to decide if I should get them big to try and fit them over wool socks or just normal size and wear them under the wool. What brand of socks did you end up buying?

Comment

Working...
          X