Kayak advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Richard452 View Post
    Yah I'd mostly be bottom fishing and some live bait fishing. trolling and throwing some lures for some blues,striper,and albaco, I've been looking at the Jackson cuda a lot seems to do well in rough water conditions and for its width it's pretty stable

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    The only thing to watch out with the Jacksons high low seats puts you pretty high up as far as center of gravity. I demoed a couple over the past years and for me I like to keep myself as close to the water as I can (especially with big boat wakes). Even with my moken 14 with the thick seat pad is about as high as I'm comfortable with. But that's just me. I know a lot of people that like the jacksons....so to each there own.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    Tan-Tarpon 140
    Lime-Pelican Matrix
    Yellow-Scrambler XT

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
      I have the ocean kayak big game 2 I'm a big guy and I love it
      Someone stole my Yak! haha

I have the exact one, and relatively close to you.
      Native Watercraft Pro Staff
      2016 Native Watercraft Slayer Propel 13 Lizard Lick

2016 CCA MD "BLUE CAT" Tournament 2nd place
      33rd MSSA "THE CHAMPIONSHIP" Tournament 1st place
      2016 Curley's White Perch Tournament 1st place

Comment

Originally posted by Richard452 View Post
        Yah I'd mostly be bottom fishing and some live bait fishing. trolling and throwing some lures for some blues,striper,and albaco, I've been looking at the Jackson cuda a lot seems to do well in rough water conditions and for its width it's pretty stable

So pretty much fishing all around

Comment

Originally posted by lovett88 View Post
          The only thing to watch out with the Jacksons high low seats puts you pretty high up as far as center of gravity. I demoed a couple over the past years and for me I like to keep myself as close to the water as I can (especially with big boat wakes). Even with my moken 14 with the thick seat pad is about as high as I'm comfortable with. But that's just me. I know a lot of people that like the jacksons....so to each there own.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
          The adjustable seat, like on my BG2 comes in handy believe it or not. on calm days the raised position is absolutely wonderful, easier to stand from and more leverage handling a fish. yes having it on the raised position during anything over 10 knots is sketchy, but I have done it. Overall, i tend to fish on the lower position since i go out a ways in order to get to the fish.

Comment

Basically lol but throwing lures would only be like 1-2 months out of the year if I see any activity on the surface

Comment

"sit on top that's very stable but not a tank to paddle either"

You may want to check out the Wilderness Systems Ride 135 as I think this kayak fits this niche very well. Stable enough to stand and sit side saddle.
              Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Working...
              X