No announcement yet.

6 months of use review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

None of my upper price range lithium's have failed me only the one cheap priced I purchased, not all lipo4 batteries are created equal. I hate to say it but I cautioned against buying the Dakotas or of any of the cheap ones back then and still do now. Yes I broke down and bought a cheaper priced one to try and that was a mistake because it didn't hold up. Just because one brand or battery didn't hold up doesn't mean the entire battery type isn't worth it. I've used these a long time now with great performance. To date many of the better known sla agm deep cycle battery makers are now offering lipo4 lithium batteries for a reason but if one is not willing to spend the money for ones that will hold up then certainly keep buying the much less priced SLA which will require using a bigger heavier battery to get the same equaled run time.
    Last edited by Oldbayrunner; 06-16-2020, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Update- Dakota Lithium Customer Service has been closed due to COVID disease and everyone has been working from home remotely. They got in contact with me yesterday evening (Pacific Time zone) apologizing for my battery issue being “dropped through the crack” and offering to “make it right”...so a step in the right direction...I have not got a battery in my hand, but the company is responding.
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
        Update- Dakota Lithium Customer Service has been closed due to COVID disease and everyone has been working from home remotely. They got in contact with me yesterday evening (Pacific Time zone) apologizing for my battery issue being “dropped through the crack” and offering to “make it right”...so a step in the right direction...I have not got a battery in my hand, but the company is responding.
        OK...today is July 2nd- it has been 35 fishing trips without a Lithium battery later...crickets...three emails to Dakota Lithium without any communications after the very nice conciliatory email customer service sent me on June 16th offering to ‘make it right”...No battery- no communications...and my old Lithium battery was returned and delivered to them in Seattle on June 22nd...$29.00 out of pocket shipping and package...from my experience it looks like the company is no longer in business...

July 3rd update- finally got notified “warrantee replacement” has been approved and that a battery will be shipped. Because of my wait they will throw in a spare charger...I understand COVID has been disruptive...but hopefully my experience is not typical...
        Last edited by ronaultmtd; 07-04-2020, 07:10 AM.
        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
        X