No announcement yet.

Ascend A10 project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks! I'll let you know how things go with the YP. From what I've been reading there are plenty up in perryville. But the sizes are a little small this season. Hopfeully I stumble upon some big ones. I didn't even realize how far out maxwell pt is. Thanks for the warning.
    Ascend A10

Comment

Rigged FS10

As I am new to this site I would first like to say Hello to everyone.

What sparked my intersest was the A10. I have a FS10 which was pretty well outfitted when I bought it. I added a few electonics to it and never looked back. One of the best investments that I've made.

At the time I purchased my yak I was on a tight budget and this fit the bill.
      I will get some photos together and post them.
      Last edited by Welsh_Yakr; 03-05-2012, 08:25 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Welsh_Yakr View Post
        As I am new to this site I would first like to say Hello to everyone.

What sparked my intersest was the A10. I have a FS10 which was pretty well outfitted when I bought it. I added a few electonics to it and never looked back. One of the best investments that I've made.

At the time I purchased my yak I was on a tight budget and this fit the bill.
        I will get some photos together and post them.
        Welcome, where do you fish usually, you in my neck of the woods...

Comment

Originally posted by shadyfisher85 View Post
          Rod holder looks good.

Let us know how you do fishing out of Mariner point.

I fished out of Mariner point in my FS 10 in November and went to the trainbridge to catch some Stripers. That was a far enough paddle for me. Maxwell point is quite a bit further than the trainbridge, be careful if you go out that far.
          The Gunpowder was my old fishing and skiing grounds. I worked at Gunpowder Cove Marina for almost 10yrs and frequented these waters for many more. These waters can be very productive. Train bridge is good.

If Maxwell Point is your target you could launch from Gunpowder State Park in Chase, MD for a much shorter paddle directly across the river.

Fun times at that job. Shame I had to grow up

Comment

Fishing Locations

CB kayak 02 - I fish alot from Wayson's Corner, I also put in at King's Landing, Nann's Cove, Benadict bridge. Sometimes I head over to St. Mary's Lake as well.
            Last year I spent 6-months up in Connecticut and was able to fish some of the lakes up there, didn't venture out into the Sound though.

Comment

Welcome Welsh_Yakr. I'm down by you as well and I go out from Wayson's quite a bit. Let me know next time your heading out and I'll try and join you.

Comment

Thanks nay_sayer but it won't be this weekend. I Want to try and get to the M&G this Saturday. I'm to assume that it is open to any yak fisherman?

Usually I go out on Sunday's I'll check tides and get back to you with some possible dates. I've heard rumors that the white perch are bitting right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Welsh_Yakr View Post
                  Thanks nay_sayer but it won't be this weekend. I Want to try and get to the M&G this Saturday. I'm to assume that it is open to any yak fisherman?

Usually I go out on Sunday's I'll check tides and get back to you with some possible dates. I've heard rumors that the white perch are bitting right now.
                  M&G's are for everyone the more the merrier!!!

Comment

Ascend FS10 Electronics

Hey Splitscreen sorry it took so long in getting the photos posted. I didn't have any current photos of the new GPS I had installed this winter. The old Garmin used to sit in the right side cup holder. Now it has to sit up on the high side but it seems to work out fine.
                    I have the GPS and FF on there own seperate fuses coming off of the battery. I am using a 12VDC 7aH battery and it getts charged about every third trip out.

Hope these pictures are of some help.

http://snaggedline.com/picture.php?a...&pictureid=243
                    http://snaggedline.com/picture.php?a...&pictureid=240
                    http://snaggedline.com/picture.php?a...&pictureid=238
                    Last edited by Welsh_Yakr; 03-18-2012, 08:02 AM. Reason: Correct bad link

Comment

Welcome aboard, you asked about a possible partial skirt, Basspro where you most likely got the ascend has a partial or half spray skirt. I saw it yesterday and its on the rear wall near the dry bags. Hope that helps
                      Tom Brown
                      Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
                      2012 Hobie PA 14'
                      Ocean Kayak Tident 13
                      2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Working...
                      X