X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Yak Attack Product - GunnAll Skin

Installation and Review

http://thehobielife.blogspot.com/201...ck-gunall.html

Game changer in hull protection and side bumpers!!

I need that this weekend. My yak got scrapped a lot against the ship due to the high currents. Have you tried taping it at the points (like the font of a revo) to see
    how it conforms?

Comment

If it works well, I'll be getting some. My yak front got really scratched up on my last tog trip at CBBT.
      2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

it conforms on the sides and edges of the Pro anglerr pretty well. For the front of a revo it would probably conform best if you cut it into smaller pieces rather than the 3 ft length sections.

Comment

I read that you said Luther hasnt set the price yet?? You got a sneak peek or something? (LUCKY) About how much do you think its guna cost to get 3 3'x6" strips?? After Sunday under Rt 50, I think I could use some.
          -Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
          -Heritage FeatherLite 12

Comment

I know it's for protection against scratches but it's an eyesore. Maybe it would look better if it came in clear.
            Yellow Submarine - Hobie PA
            Stealth Green Tarpon 140
            Orange Koho Perception

Comment

Originally posted by loupa5 View Post
              I know it's for protection against scratches but it's an eyesore. Maybe it would look better if it came in clear.
              Try fishing for Tog in your kayak and then you'll want to wrap your whole boat in it...lol.

Currently I have STS on the side of my kayak, but it probably won't hold up very long. I'll be looking for this stuff in the future. I was about to send Luther an email for protyping, but didnt think I would get a chance to really give it a good test soon enough.
              Ryan
              Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by MDFishin View Post
                I read that you said Luther hasnt set the price yet?? You got a sneak peek or something? (LUCKY) About how much do you think its guna cost to get 3 3'x6" strips?? After Sunday under Rt 50, I think I could use some.
                It's it the final testing stage so I'm doing some trial run with it. Post on their facebook or give them a call and ask. I just know that the pricing hasn't been published but he may have it set.

Comment

Originally posted by loupa5 View Post
                  Because it is in the testing stage it is only in Black. It may come out in colors eventually.

Comment

How did you become a tester??? LOL thats what i wanna do for my next gear addition! As to color I think black will look BADASS on my orange Tarpon. Ive already had several compliments on the look of my boat...made me happy.
                    -Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
                    -Heritage FeatherLite 12

Comment

question is, how it compares to keeleazy, keelgaurd, keelshield or any of other keel/bumper options. some of you might consider boat rub rails or dock bumpers screwed to the side of the yak if it's such a concern, which would last much longer and probably look better (taking into account that it will look like a bumper car). maybe some mini boat fenders too.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MDFishin View Post
                        How did you become a tester??? LOL thats what i wanna do for my next gear addition! As to color I think black will look BADASS on my orange Tarpon. Ive already had several compliments on the look of my boat...made me happy.
                        I've fished with Luther, the owner of Yak Attack, before and he's been posting some of his new prototypes on facebook. I had contacted him previously asking him what he could come up with for hull protection so it kind of just went from there. Once he posted up the new product I asked if I could test it out. It wasn't free to me, but at discount.. and it was something I definitely wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by stonemason View Post
                          question is, how it compares to keeleazy, keelgaurd, keelshield or any of other keel/bumper options. some of you might consider boat rub rails or dock bumpers screwed to the side of the yak if it's such a concern, which would last much longer and probably look better (taking into account that it will look like a bumper car). maybe some mini boat fenders too.
                          I can speak for that the GunnAll skin is thicker and seems to be more protective that the keeleazy. Those are the only two I've seen, and felt. And the adhesion is quite strong, so you don't have to drill any holes like I did with the armor plating.

Comment

^test that bitch out and give us the feed back! and against concrete, no lake trees, ha.
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm getting some to test also, looks like it might do the trick!
                              Used to fish more.

Comment

Working...
                              X