low budget hole repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, I did not get it yet, and I am getting very impatient ;O
    I did get a paddling suit though so that I can go out if/when I get my new yak. It is a Kokatat Anglers suit. Hopefully it will never feel the water above the knees
    Any plans for your maiden voyage, Mike?

Originally posted by eyedaddy View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up! I don't have any holes yet but want to be ahead of the game when it does happen. Did you get your new Kayak yet?
    Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
    Cobra Explorer

Comment

Yes I do have some plans, As soon as it gets warm! LOL! What are they saying about your Kayak getting here? Still looking at some rigging and have gotten some excellent Ideas from Snaggedline's blogs. I am truly impressed at the exchange of information within this group. Actually my truck is the next project as soon as the breaks get fixed it becomes my trailer. The light with a flag is next, got a thing about Safety being First, and a upgraded seat. Actually I could be ready by next week sometime for a short run. I will let you know as soon as it's ready to go. I can hear the fish calling me!

eyedaddy

Comment

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but a neighbor of mine had a very large (2'+) crack in his Ocean Kayak Frenzy hull at the bow. I repaired it for him using this: http://www.tapplastics.com/product/r...d_adhesive/435. I sanded down the excess once it dried and other than slight discoloration at the seam of the crack, you can't even tell it was there. Holds up real sturdy and didn't even need to add support braces along the crack like I thought I might have to. You can stand on the area where the crack was and it holds up fine.
        Last edited by Frogsauce; 08-12-2014, 02:14 PM. Reason: Added the link to the plastic weld material

Comment

Good information. Where did you buy it, I may want to experiment jic in need it in the future.

John
          John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
          MK Endura Max 55 backup power
          Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

That is why Jackson put replaceable skid keel plates on the back of kayak. When I asked them why not also do it on the stern they said it would effect the dynamics of the hull too much and would not be as easy to paddle.

Comment

As I understand it, the difference between regular Goop and Marine Goop is that Marine Goop has UV inhibitors in it.
              2012 Hobie Outback
              2014 Tarpon 100

Comment

He said he got it from online, I am assuming the TAP store. I just did the work because I have the garage and tools for it. My garage is basically a Kayak rigging workshop now. Also, I checked the Marine goop vs the regular goop one time, and Ganto is correct about the UV inhibitors. The RV goop is the same thing as the Marine goop.

Comment

Thanks for the update. I will get some and play with it when the white stuff falls.

John
                  John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
                  MK Endura Max 55 backup power
                  Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

Working...
                  X