No announcement yet.

Malibu 2 XL Angler solo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My young son is not yet consistent with his strokes or paddling in general, I just adjust my strokes so I don't hit his paddle. When he and I are both paddling it moves pretty well even in light wind/wake chop. more experienced paddlers would do even better. We also both fish at the same time from it. You just need to be aware of your cast and the other person, not that hard.

Comment

Originally posted by ComeOnFish View Post
      Mudbug,

A16 footer is very hard to maneuver when fishing very close to the structures.

When you fish with a woman, you fish close to the good clean facility artificial or natural. The private natural facility may not be available for women depending on the beach. I check the availability of the natural facilities always before I pick the fishing spot (especially when I wear a wader)

Unavailability of the facility is one of the major reasons why the most of women don’t do kayak-fishing.

My wife and I have used OK Malibu 2xl often in 2-3’ chops. When I was alone I never thought Malibu 2xl was slow. I carried only one rod for my wife, and I was the only one who paddled the most of time when we fished on a Malibu 2xl.

joe
      Ha you make a very good point about "facilities" I hadn't thought about that. I think I'm going to agree that the 16 footer is probably overkill. If I had the option of two kayaks one solo and one tandem I think I would go for the zest but the Malibu 2xl seems to be a better all purpose.

Comment

Mudbug,
        In addition to my previous comment:
        I also thought about getting an OK Malibu before. I studied how to install rod holders and a FF (fish finder) for two paddlers. That time I found that it was very difficult to put two sets of rod holders and a FF for two paddlers. I thought that time that Rod holders and FF needed to be installed for a single paddler sitting in the center. For two paddlers, I planned to remove the rod holders and FF because the rod holders and FF would be in the way or on the wrong places. If you ever get a Malibu without any options then I suggest you not install any thing for a while until you figure out how you are going to fish and the proper locations for rod holders and a FF.

OK Malibu is missing a useable hatch. But there is huge space in the front and back for single paddler. You may check out how KevinFry set up his Malibu.
        Joe
        Originally posted by mudbug View Post
        Ha you make a very good point about "facilities" I hadn't thought about that. I think I'm going to agree that the 16 footer is probably overkill. If I had the option of two kayaks one solo and one tandem I think I would go for the zest but the Malibu 2xl seems to be a better all purpose.
        Fish like there's no tomorrow.
        Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Working...
        X