No announcement yet.

PA12 Rigging..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah exactly lol. Thats y its good to keep a half paddle ready but annoying when your trying to fish with both hands. I figured the revo and outback steering response was so good because the rudder is on the very back of the boat when the pa is maybe 1.5 feet from the rear.
    Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
    -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
    -Orange Heritage featherlite

Comment

Hobie is working on a larger Rudder, According to the Hobie board

Comment

Nice job on the rigging. I like the camera mount and forward use of the gear track. I've been stumbling on some of the rigging with my new PA14 but just got a bunch of new gear from YakAttack a few days ago to fix a few of my mistakes. I got a new rod holder from them that I think I'm going to love. I wasn't happy using the Ram 2008 holders because my rods don't seat down in them. They don't fit rods with long rod butts, like my St. Croix rods or even my cheaper Ugly Sticks. I'll be doing a bunch more rigging over the winter, we'll have to bounce ideas. Thanks for the post and pictures.
        Live for today, and fish often...
        2014 Pro Angler 14
        St. Jerome Creek, Dameron

Comment

I've got two zooka tubes for sale..lol. didn't work bout for me.
          Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Is it just me, or is that LongShot thing ridiculously expensive. $245? You can get a GoPro Silver on sale for that price!

Now, $130 for the USB version is better, but its still a big chunk of change. All that is needed is a 5 volt power source and a connection to the USB. You could probably rig this yourself, but the kicker would be making it waterproof. Not impossible, but probably a little tricky. Of course this is all moot to me since I'm still using a GoPro Hero2.

But for those like me who don't have the new Hero3, Cam Do sells a USB cable that comes with a GoPro accessory bus connector at one end for $30. You feed it through the slot in the skeleton case door. Just have to figure out a way to make it waterproof.
            2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
            Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Originally posted by Pinch View Post
              I've got two zooka tubes for sale..lol. didn't work bout for me.
              Why didn't the zooka tubes work for you and what exactly are you selling? Hit me up with a PM with the sales info, I'm interested.
              Live for today, and fish often...
              2014 Pro Angler 14
              St. Jerome Creek, Dameron

Comment

Originally posted by buzz View Post
                Is it just me, or is that LongShot thing ridiculously expensive. $245? You can get a GoPro Silver on sale for that price!

Now, $130 for the USB version is better, but its still a big chunk of change. All that is needed is a 5 volt power source and a connection to the USB. You could probably rig this yourself, but the kicker would be making it waterproof. Not impossible, but probably a little tricky. Of course this is all moot to me since I'm still using a GoPro Hero2.

But for those like me who don't have the new Hero3, Cam Do sells a USB cable that comes with a GoPro accessory bus connector at one end for $30. You feed it through the slot in the skeleton case door. Just have to figure out a way to make it waterproof.
                As with most things, you get what you pay for. The company that sells the long shot has top notch customer service and a great product. It also saves me the headache of trying to figure it out when I could be fishing.

JAM- I PM'd you.
                Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

the fish finder is the Elite 5 HDI (I wish I had just gone with the Elite-5 DSI because DSI is 100% better than any sonar IMHO).
                  why do you find DSI that much better? is the HDI transducer the same as the DSI? shape/size that is. just wondering, I have the dsi 5 (haven't used it yet) and was considering the HDI to have a split screen with both scans, would be more info?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jet View Post
                    why do you find DSI that much better? is the HDI transducer the same as the DSI? shape/size that is. just wondering, I have the dsi 5 (haven't used it yet) and was considering the HDI to have a split screen with both scans, would be more info?
                    Dsi cuts out all the clutter. I like the dsi more then HDI and will never buy the HDI again.
                    Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Dsi cuts out all the clutter. I like the dsi more then HDI and will never buy the HDI again.
                      I have an elite 5 DSI on my Tracker Boat. I don't think I've ever quite figured out the right settings for it. I have difficulty marking fish. Pictures of structure are god though.
                      Hurricane Skimmer 128
                      WS Pamlico 100

Comment

Originally posted by buzz View Post

There is a similar rig on YouTube. The Longshot is such a clean setup.

Comment

Working...
                        X