No announcement yet.

Chincoteaque 9-3 to 9-7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got some minnows and hook to the bucktail instead of gulp.
    Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
    Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Final day of fishing today and still didn't manage to catch a flounder but at least today we heard of some caught and saw some other kayak fisherman catching. They were using the same bucktail and gulp rigs I was using. Unfortunately that makes me realize that I suck at flounder fishing....lol.

We did have a lot of hits today but didn't hook any flounder. Did hook a bunch of sea bass and some nice size croaker. Lost about 15 gulp today after nice hits. The tails were being bit off. Not sure if the flounder were doing that or the sea bass and croaker were.

Had a good time even know no flounder and today had a school of dolphins swim right by us. Wasn't expecting that at all!!. One came up about 4 feet in front of me and it was huge!!

Also got a nice 30 minute sleigh ride after hooking up with a big skate. Thought it may have been a red drum at first but soon realized it wasn't. It was dragging me all over the place for nearly a mile and spinning me in circles....lol. got it up to the side of the yak and could see it ate the bucktail.

Got a little video of the dolphins and skate I'll have to edit later.
      2013 PRO ANGLER 12
      2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Well, at least you were catching, love to see the video of the dolphin, that is so cool. Interesting no snapper blues were caught, could be the reason the tails were bite off the gulp.
        Freddie T

Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Originally posted by Salty Dog View Post
          Well, at least you were catching, love to see the video of the dolphin, that is so cool. Interesting no snapper blues were caught, could be the reason the tails were bite off the gulp.
          Yeah I thought it may be blues too but never hooked any.

Heres a video of the dolphins. the one that come up close was just out of camera view unfortunately. Sorry for the wind noise.

2013 PRO ANGLER 12
          2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Here is part of the fight with the skate. again sorry for the wind noise.

2013 PRO ANGLER 12
            2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Nice rod bend. looks like it was a good day.
              Freddie T

Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Sorry to hear you didn't get into any flounder. It's funny how it can go from hot to cold and vice versa with them. Crabs can be rough on gulp there if you're not bouncing the rig constantly. Add in snapper blues and it isn't worth dropping down gulp sometimes.
                Brian

Comment

I did pull some crabs up out of the water hanging onto the gulp. Guess that shows how good that stuff is if a crab doesn't want to let go of it.
                  2013 PRO ANGLER 12
                  2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Working...
                  X