Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
    Ha I wish i could say the same! I have a flock of skunks following me
    You should come with us tomorrow...ought to be able to wash the skunk off. Maybe we could get some tomato juice to douse you in pre launch, just as a precaution.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

I catch nice perch around the ice breaker piles using mepps spinners in gold and silver. Stripers like chartruse 4" gulp on w,r,ch 3/8 or 1/2 oz jigs
      Deadwood (Dave)
      West River & Miles River
      2-Old Town Dirigo 12's,2-Old Town Vapors 10ft, 1-NWSlayer Propel13.
      If you dont go, you wont know, and you got to have bait in the water.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
        You should come with us tomorrow...ought to be able to wash the skunk off. Maybe we could get some tomato juice to douse you in pre launch, just as a precaution.
        Yeah went down the week before with martin he got the only skinny keeper there then scared the rest off The only thing I caught was a crab that was chewing the tail off my gulp!

Comment

I am in as of now .mighty not make lunch.
          2012 hobie outback
          2016 feelfree lure 11.5

Comment

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
            Yeah went down the week before with martin he got the only skinny keeper there then scared the rest off The only thing I caught was a crab that was chewing the tail off my gulp!
            I usually quit counting at 10, took about an hour last Saturday.
            Hobie fleet:
            2017 Quest 13
            2015 Outback
            2014 Outback

Comment

Did a test run at Beverly Triton, a week before the Meet and Greet with great results. Come to the meet and greet, because if it was anything like on 10/31/2014, we should all come away with fish, so make sure that you have coolers with ice so you can leave your fish in the car while we are having lunch and an adult beverage. I personally was only there for 2.5 hours of fishing time and I caught 12 to 16 rockfish. I stopped counting after awhile. The other anglers who were there all day caught over 100 fish. We all went home with our limit of rockfish. I am hoping that they will be there next Saturday. It was a blast.

Comment

If I was in need of something to use next weekend, I would buy these, 6" Tsunami, black back mullet. They are a little heavy at 2 3/8 oz, but man they look like they would catch fish!

Hobie fleet:
                2017 Quest 13
                2015 Outback
                2014 Outback

Comment

Judging from the stomach contents of your fish, that sounds like a good choice. I had a similar thought on Thurs. For part of my trip at the mouth of the Severn, I pulled a 5" Storm shad and another 5" paddletail. The Storm Shad caught no fish, and the other paddletail caught just one. All other fish that day hit on 3" paddletails. I did not see any larger baitfish in the area where I was fishing. Maybe the bait size is different between the two areas.
                  John Veil
                  Annapolis
                  Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

We were having most success with 6" tails. I had a parachute (8 or 10" Alabama) rig on one rod with 4" tails and a 1/2 oz white jig head with 6" tail on the other. The parachute caught fish, but the 6" on jig did better. There were so many fish though, that the parachute was a pain because it took longer to unhook while not getting the other hook impaled in one's self.

FWIW, I have never tried the Tsunami lures pictured above, but for what is on the shelf in BPS, those would be my number one pick for what is available today. They had them in 4", 5", 6" and 7". They are pretty expensive, but man they look like they would catch fish! This was the second trip to BPS that I've had them in my hand but just didn't make it out of the isle and to the cash register...I have so many other tails that are working that I couldn't justify the price of these.
                    Hobie fleet:
                    2017 Quest 13
                    2015 Outback
                    2014 Outback

Comment

I had luck with 4" rattle traps and a silver repala. Haven't had luck with my storm shads either.
                      PigPen - Mt Airy
                      Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

Hi all, I just joined the forum. I've only been out a few times on my new kayak, but the few times I've been out have been on the rhode River and south river near this park. What's the story with the meet and greets? I might try to join next week. Do you all go out as a group and fish or is this more a social event to meet others? Either way, I'm interested.

Comment

Originally posted by YakCapn View Post
                          Hi all, I just joined the forum. I've only been out a few times on my new kayak, but the few times I've been out have been on the rhode River and south river near this park. What's the story with the meet and greets? I might try to join next week. Do you all go out as a group and fish or is this more a social event to meet others? Either way, I'm interested.
                          Social kayak fishing event. We meet up at the launch, chitchat, rig up the kayaks, get on the water and fish. Then, at some point, we meet back up at the landing and share stories of the day over a snack and beverage. It's a good time.
                          Hobie fleet:
                          2017 Quest 13
                          2015 Outback
                          2014 Outback

Comment

Thanks, I've got my calendar marked I'll try to join.

Comment

Welcome aboard YakCapn. Cowpokey gave a good idea of what the Meet and Greets are all about. It is part fishing, part education and part socializing over a meal afterwards to talk about fishing and meet other like minded anglers, male and females alike.

For me, I try to make as many as I can. It is always a good time, even in bad weather. It normally occurs on the second Saturday of each month, unless there is a circumstance that forces it to be moved after those that are attending take an online vote to move the date. We normally get together (not to fish) in January to set the schedule for the Meet and Greets for the year. Also, a Snaggedline member would volunteer to host the Meet and Greet for a particular month and pick a location for lunch. Attendance normally range from 6 to 40 anglers. The host normally takes a pole to see who is coming so we all know the potential attendance for fishing and lunch.

You can do a search on this forum for previous Meet and Greets to see write ups and pictures of the day.

One good thing about the Meet and Greets and Snaggedline, is that I get to learn many free launches that I never knew existed or visited.

Comment

What is the launch like at the site ........ Can you use the HD tires or do you need balloon tires for a heavy yak like a pa ........ I assume there is a beach launch ....... How long is the beach to the water

Comment

Working...
                                X