November meet & greet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CAGE RATTLER View Post
    Not sure if I can make it or not but am going to try.
    Havent been there before. can someone give me an address to put in for my GPS.
    Is there room for trailer parking?
    Not sure about trailers, everyone I've been there with did the "car top" thing. Give the ranger station a call and ask them, they can give you that information.

Beverly Triton Beach Park

1202 Triton Beach Road
    Edgewater, MD 21037
    (410) 222-7317
    GPS Coordinates:
    Lan. 38.88511
    Lon. -76.49521
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Not going to be able to make it.My brother needs me to come help cut soy beans.But got chance to try out my new Jackson seat in my outback and that worked out just perfect.Have fun catch up you guy and gal later.
      2012 hobie outback
      2016 feelfree lure 11.5

Comment

Originally posted by coop1486 View Post
        Not going to be able to make it.My brother needs me to come help cut soy beans.But got chance to try out my new Jackson seat in my outback and that worked out just perfect.Have fun catch up you guy and gal later.
        Coop - send picture so I can see what you did.

Mobile

Outback 2015
        Maui

Comment

Originally posted by Goody View Post
          Coop - send picture so I can see what you did.

Mobile
          I'd like to see it too.
          Hobie fleet:
          2017 Quest 13
          2015 Outback
          2014 Outback

Comment

I went out to Beverly Triton on Weds to pre-fish for 2.5 hours because I needed to head to WDC afterwards. The winds were low, and the fishing was slower, but I still managed to take home a 21 inch rockfish, and caught several more in the 16 inch to 17.5 inch size in the time that I had.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing everyone sat. Still on the bubble about launching with temps in the morning going to be in the low 30°s not a fan of being constrained in cold weather gear. Will get there around 6:30 to lend a hand.

Comment

I got the " get out of jail FREE" card so I plan to join the fun on Saturday. I am a virgin at triton too so looking for a few pointers when we launch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Curse this wind!....just picked up my new slayer propel. Tomorrow might be the inaugural launch...unless the wind dies down today.

What sort of champagne does one break on the hull of a fishing kayak? .... Maybe franzia?
                  Hidden Oak 2014 NATIVE SLAYER PROPEL 13
                  Tarpon 120
                  Ascend D10T

Personal bests
                  25 &1/4" Pickerel

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
                  http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjKlcf7rw_SwanvTarJVCg
                  Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beyon...46820392155412

Comment

Originally posted by Yakie_Noodle View Post
                    Curse this wind!....just picked up my new slayer propel. Tomorrow might be the inaugural launch...unless the wind dies down today.

[
                    Congratulations on your new Slayer Propel.

The Slayer Propel seat lifts you up off the hull. I would not recommend anyone to venture into big seas for their first trip in any kayak with a raised seat -- the feeling is considerably different from a kayak with a molded in seat. Having said that, I have been pleasantly surprised on several occasions when I needed to cross a mile of open water at the Severn River mouth. I had 2-ft waves hitting me directly on the side on one trip and at the front 45 deg angle on another trip. After tentatively balancing myself on the first few waves, I quickly fell into a rhythm that was comfortable -- I never felt unstable. But it is definitely better to get the feel for a new kayak in calmer water.
                    John Veil
                    Annapolis
                    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by Yakie_Noodle View Post

What sort of champagne does one break on the hull of a fishing kayak? .... Maybe franzia?
                      Wind looks favorable for tomorrow morning, should be pretty flat out of the launch if the prediction is correct.

I used fish slime for christening my kayak...couldn't get the champagne bottle to break. LOL
                      Hobie fleet:
                      2017 Quest 13
                      2015 Outback
                      2014 Outback

Comment

CP tell the truth... you drank the champagne!!! j/k

Comment

Originally posted by YaknBass View Post
                          CP tell the truth... you drank the champagne!!! j/k
                          Not even for New Years, that handle of Captain I bought in September is still sitting on top of the fridge with the same level it had the next day. I've made a conscious decision to stick with beer...I'm sure that will be compromised at a later date. LOL
                          Hobie fleet:
                          2017 Quest 13
                          2015 Outback
                          2014 Outback

Comment

when that day comes njoy and long life and happiness!!

Comment

My bad!! Just talked to MOC and he informed me that the same rules apply to BT as Jonas Green no trailers in parking lot might be able to park off the side of road.

Comment

Can't wait to see you guys! I will be there tomorrow! Been awhile since I been to a meet an greet! Winds looking good
                                Shane Majewski
                                Trident 13, Hobie outback

Comment

Working...
                                X