Waterproof Cell Phone Case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deleonjo View Post
    I have a Lifeproof Nuud. I dropped it in Spa creek in 8ft of water where it stayed for about 45 min before being recovered. Iphone was perfectly dry. So the only issue I have with it is that it doesn't float. I now have it tethered to my PFD now. I really like the Lifeproof because it's not too bulky.
    Check out the life proof lifejacket ...... It floats ....... I have it for my ipad

Comment

Originally posted by JohnE View Post
      Night time in rough conditions, ramp area was blocked by surf fisheman. Could not see and a big wave came up behind me and turned it sideways onto the beach. I guess I am not used to surf launches in the outback yet...well actually surf return, launching is not the problem. Plus, I was going on well over 20 hours of fishing from Fri morning to Sat evening with very little sleep and was thinking very clearly at the time.

I could handle the surf fine in my wilderness yaks. One of the things I found that I actually do not like about the outback is how it handles in heavy cross current and waves following behind.
      Thanks for the info. Good to learn from others' experiences. Sorry it happened and I hope all your other things are ok.
      -Mustafa
      ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
      2016 Hobie Outback
      2012 Hobie Revolution 13
      "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Sorry, that should say not thinking clearly. I was exhausted and I did not have a headlamp with me or anything.

Comment

I have this one on my iPhone 5s:

http://www.lifeproof.com/en/iphone-5s-nuud/

Need to check into the Lifejacket, skeered about it sinking.
          Hobie fleet:
          2017 Quest 13
          2015 Outback
          2014 Outback

Comment

I can highly recommend SwimCell 100% waterproof bag. It fits most phones and allows for complete submersion in water and you can still use your phone whilst it's inside the baf. The quality is much better than many other waterproof bags and it comes with a long adjustable lanyard. You can buy them from www.swimcell.com or on Amazon http://amzn.to/1xwbMV9 It's worth paying a bit more to get a better product - currently on promotion at $18.99.

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/DP-46-Cell-Pho...rds=dry+pak+dp

This is what I have. Maybe I have the next size up, not sure. But it is pretty good for the price.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnE View Post
                http://www.amazon.com/DP-46-Cell-Pho...rds=dry+pak+dp

This is what I have. Maybe I have the next size up, not sure. But it is pretty good for the price.
                I've got the same one. I've had it for about 5 years. Works great and floats if you drop it overboard.

Comment

I found a small waterproof plastic case at Walmart in the fishing section among the tackle boxes. Its just like the kind you put lures in and has the red gasket around it and clamps on all sides. It fits my S5 fine and was cheap. It may even float but have not tried that yet.

Comment

That is the box I was talking about earlier in the thread. The same small waterproof plano boxes I use for gulp. And yes they definitely do float. At least with gulp in them. Never tried it with the phone inside though.

Comment

I would expect the boxes to float with a phone inside, there's going to be enough air to provide flotation.
                      Hobie fleet:
                      2017 Quest 13
                      2015 Outback
                      2014 Outback

Comment

Just picked up the Sony Experia z3v from Verizon (after a long string of iPhone and lifeproof cases). It has the highest waterproof rating of any phone out there at the moment. The only downside IMO is that phone isn't as stylish on the outside as the iPhone 6 or Samsung competitors. But so far I'm thoroughly impressed otherwise... Expandable memory, wireless charging, 20 megapixel camera with Carl Zeiss lens, 4k video -- and the camera works underwater. If you're not married to the Apple ios then give it a look. From the mashable review... "The Z3v is one of those devices with IP65 dustproof and IP68 waterproof ratings. This means you can take it through a sandstorm in Dubai and submerge it 4.9 feet underwater for up to 30 minutes and it’ll still survive. And unlike other waterproof phones like the Kyocera Hydro Vibe, the Z3v actually works underwater, so you can capture those scuba diving pics or tweet in the swimming pool if you must."
                        http://mashable.com/2014/10/23/sony-xperia-z3v-review/
                        ========================
                        Hobie Pro Angler 14
                        Hobie Outback
                        Hobie Mirage i11s
                        Check out all my vids at www.yakvids.com
                        Follow on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEp...eAiuK2n9i5RFNg
                        Follow on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/yakvids/

Comment

That Sony is pretty sharp didn't even think of anything else than Samsung since my S3 was a beast. I ended up getting a case from Amazon. It fits pretty snugly and seems to be watertight and I even made a phone call to Cowpokey and the reception was clear on both ends. I choose this because I can tether it and I can use it on the kayak and remove it. PB020007.jpgPB020008.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by daolai View Post
                            That Sony is pretty sharp didn't even think of anything else than Samsung since my S3 was a beast. I ended up getting a case from Amazon. It fits pretty snugly and seems to be watertight and I even made a phone call to Cowpokey and the reception was clear on both ends. I choose this because I can tether it and I can use it on the kayak and remove it.
                            Yes it was very clear, I couldn't tell you had it in a case. How is it for taking pictures in the case?
                            Hobie fleet:
                            2017 Quest 13
                            2015 Outback
                            2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
                              Yes it was very clear, I couldn't tell you had it in a case. How is it for taking pictures in the case?
                              That tested out very well too. I might try a water test with it since the S5 is supposed to be waterproof anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by daolai View Post
                                That tested out very well too. I might try a water test with it since the S5 is supposed to be waterproof anyways.
                                My Lifeproof case was water tested, but I worry about it falling over the side...I really need to get a tether or float.
                                Hobie fleet:
                                2017 Quest 13
                                2015 Outback
                                2014 Outback

Comment

Working...
                                X