No announcement yet.

month old kayak hull deforming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got home from farmville va a little while ago. Joel from Feel Free is an awesome guy. Needless to say I got my replacement moken 14 home safe and sound

Comment

Pics or it didn't happen!!!!
      People who use the word "literally" wrong literally kill me.

Comment

How will you store it now?

Comment

I plan on hanging it from the ceiling in the garage. But long story short Joel said the 2013 boats had that issue and the manner in which I had it stored was fine. He said the new hulls are now reinforced and the mold was changed. So basically I did no harm, it most likely came like that
          Last edited by mebe007; 01-23-2015, 08:09 AM.

Comment

If the top of the hull is flat, I would store it upside down. I've been doing that with my Outback, and it seems to be fine. I've seen pictures of other folks' kayaks that were stored right side up and they also got deformed hulls.

Weird that yours got deformed on the bottom when you had it stored on its side....must have been defective from the get go.
            Hobie fleet:
            2017 Quest 13
            2015 Outback
            2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Smith View Post
              Pics or it didn't happen!!!!
              LoL I will when i get home from work. It was dark last night my friend

also they said to possibly expect a ripple here and there as its a 14'8" boat made of plastic, but i should not see those big ridges like I had. Additionally he said the front hatch seal was improved.

Picked up the rudder kit while i was there along with the rear 1/4 turn hatch bag insert. So looking forward to getting her rigged out ( new and improved)

P.S. anyone ever paint their crate setup? any tips? looking to paint it tan to match the new color.

Comment

Rustolium is good,
                My yak has some waves in it but nothing major
                People who use the word "literally" wrong literally kill me.

Comment

Here's the proof...... it really dI'd happen. Now to install my hoist in the overhead

Comment

Working...
                  X