Hemmingway's Launch Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hemmingway's Launch Site

What's the verdict on this? Can we launch from the beach?

spoke to security on saturday, hemingways is off limits now
    Link to fishing vid, oldie but goodie.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...4894489669049#

Comment

Well that sucks. So much for launching on the eastern side.

Comment

You guys might want to google maps the area ......... might be some places to check out and ask permission ....... I agree the Hemmingways is the ideal but there may be other options ........

Comment

Yheres a launch just north of the bridge, dnr website says it has a portage, I have never used.

Comment

That does suck. There are recycle bins on the lot. I am sure there is parking for that, while unloading. There is always an excess of parking. Maybe someone should check with the management office. If everyone parks further up the lot, it would not affect the restaurant.

I don't fish there, but its a real loss to those who do.

Comment

Originally posted by DOGFISH View Post
              That does suck. There are recycle bins on the lot. I am sure there is parking for that, while unloading. There is always an excess of parking. Maybe someone should check with the management office. If everyone parks further up the lot, it would not affect the restaurant.

I don't fish there, but its a real loss to those who do.
              i voiced those same concerns last saturday and security said the new owners just flat out dont want us there. tried to unload all the way at the back of the lot and he was on us right as we pulled in.
              Link to fishing vid, oldie but goodie.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...4894489669049#

Comment

What security are you talking about?I went Saturday saw no one around including fish,there is some landscaping that keeps you from getting to the waters edge in a direct shot, you have to go 3/4 around the bend to get to a grassy spot to get behind the landscaping.We need to do a meet /greet there and run up a good tab before we can ask politely.Fishing sucked saw a bunch of boats against the pilings saw no one catching.I broke a new rod ,lip broke my rattletrap rapala lost abunch of bucktails" someone should of kicked me out I would have saved a bundle of $$$".

Comment

security was in a black cadillac cts cruising around the lot, guess you got lucky.

Comment

I launched there a few weeks ago and the manager came out and told me I wasnt allowed to launch there. They put landscaping around that area. Eventually, he told me to go ahead and launch but that area is off limits now. Kinda sucks!
                    Hobie Revolution 13
                    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

why would the manager/owners close it off, do they not see the the benefit from it? many non fishing kayak clubs launched from there aswell, in addition to other crafts. someone needs to have a sit down with them and explain the benifits and the history of the launch site. tell you what, i probably wont be eating there now...
                      sigpic

Comment

According to this post on Tidalfish

http://www.tidalfish.com/forums/show...-launch-update

The manager told him he could launch from the marina. Can someone check it out who lives close to the place? I wouldn't mind paying a launch fee to save the 1 hr paddle/peddle from SPSP.

Comment

Originally posted by HokieDJ View Post
                          According to this post on Tidalfish

http://www.tidalfish.com/forums/show...-launch-update

The manager told him he could launch from the marina. Can someone check it out who lives close to the place? I wouldn't mind paying a launch fee to save the 1 hr paddle/peddle from SPSP.
                          when i talked to them, they said there was no ramp
                          Hobie Revolution 13
                          Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Those guys are interested in the business of the high dollar boat owners not the guys with a $700 yak ......... especially with the parking and the liability with no real financial benefit .........

Have you seen the boats in that Marina?

Don't think they are interested in having a few fish smelling sweaty fishermen in their dining room or bar .......

Although ......... people are always interested in seeing our rigs and fish caught .......... people are always stopping to talk ...

Comment

I sent an e-mail to the owners to try and get an answer about the use of thier beach/boat ramp for launching kayaks. I will post thier reply if I get one.
                              Jim

Hobie Outback
                              TKAA member
                              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Working...
                              X