Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A MUST HAVE for those fishing from a yak

https://www.austinkayak.com/products...-The-Snip.html

A saw a plug for this product while watching kayak bassin' or the kayak fishing show a while back on world fishing network. This is a pair of line cutters that are retractable and about the size of a key chain. I've been out plenty of times with these and I boy do I love these things. I clip them to the side of my seat and whenever I need to tie on a lure, they're always within reach, and I never have to worry about dropping them into the drink. I haven't tried them on braid yet, but they cut like a hot knife through butter on anything I've tried so far. You can also lock the snips shut so they don't snag or cut something by mistake. If you're still using some cutters that do not float, then I encourage you to check these out!
    Jayce
    2017 Ivory Hobie Pro Angler 12 "The Big Easy"
    2015 Flint Camo Wilderness Systems Ride 115X Max Angler

I have a set. They work great on braid.

2015 Viking Profish Reload

Comment

The guide I fish with in Florida wrote a review of the product.

http://b3fishing.com/2014/01/26/the-snip/.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Bass pro has them

Comment

Just ordered the long blade version on Amazon. They make several different snips. One even has a light built in. Have not had good luck with retractable tethers in the salt. Guess I will find out how this one hold up.

Comment

There is a large saltwater model that bass pro also carries

Comment

I've got a pair of these and they work well. For those of you looking for something new, I wear a line cutterz ring. It cuts through just about anything. They are even using it on 200lb muzzy braid that guys are using for bow fishing. There are some tutorials on their website for cutting tag lines close to your lure. I've always got one on. It's very light and I forget I have it on most of the time. It's also a great safety tool in case you get wrapped up in your line. www.linecutterz.com
              2015 Outback

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC32..._as=subscriber

Comment

I've been wearing a pair of those on my belt loop while fishing for about 2 months. They work well and cut braid easily. They also make short work of 100# fluorocarbon leader material.

I got them after I wrecked the cutters on my pliers cutting the steel leaders while releasing sharks. The dedicated boomerang snips work better anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                1980 Something Old Town Canoe
                2008 Native Ultimate 14.5
                2015 Coosa HD
                2016 Hobie Outback Limited Edition #56
                2017 Pelican Trailblazer 1000 (38# of portaging freedom)

Comment

What about rust? How does the Boomerang Snip hold up?

I use a pair of ceramic scissors. Always sharp; never rusts.

Sent from my PalmPilot using Tapatalk
                  2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
                  Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

buzz - i have a pair of these and have been using them for over a year now, mostly in summer and it has been in fresh water, but have no signs of rust and no issues with them. I have been cutting through mono, flouro and braid with these. I have them attached to my pfd and love them. So easy and never far awa from me.
                    WS ATAK

Comment

The boomerang is the best line cutter I have ever used...
                      http://docirvcustombaits.com/baitbox/
                      484-459-9863
                      If you are not satisfied with the color or texture of your custom made Doc Irv baits just let me know and I will redo it at no cost to you to your satisfaction, because I am not happy unless you are happy.*
                      *But if you are one of those people who is never satisfied then I retain the right to be unhappy.

Comment

I have been using the Saltwater version all year and no rust so far. Shame on me, but I just realized while writing this post that although I rinse my rods, reels and lures, I have never rinsed this nipper. So, I guess it has been treated pretty badly, and still no rust. I also received a gift last year of a Spyderco Salt 1 fishing knife made with a special stainless alloy, H1. No rust on it at the end of year 2.
                        Pelican Strike 100X

Comment

I used mine over the weekend and there is rust forming on the screws holding it together, there is no rust occurring on the blade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by willf650; 09-15-2015, 01:52 PM.
                          1980 Something Old Town Canoe
                          2008 Native Ultimate 14.5
                          2015 Coosa HD
                          2016 Hobie Outback Limited Edition #56
                          2017 Pelican Trailblazer 1000 (38# of portaging freedom)

Comment

Working...
                          X