No announcement yet.

NEW to KAYAKING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah my wife is teed off lmao especially in the winter you cant see it to good but i also got a project boat in there ive been working on for about 3 months as well but hey if im only gettin one room in the house ill take the garage (basement included)

Comment

Welcome aboard- plenty of good advice here and you will find a lot of helpful suggestions and ideas- we have a meet and greet coming up soon at Mattawoman Creek- a Snakehead Hunt. If you can make it you will see how others have rigged up their fishing kayaks- how they haul their kayaks, crates, coolers, baitwells, video cameras, you name it- you will see it-
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

send me the info for the meet and greet i will defijnently try to make it

Comment

the meet and greet is at the Mattingly Park boat ramp just off Indian Head Highway (route 210) before you enter the Naval Base at Indian Head, MD on July 9- most of us are going to meet around noon to fish the outgoing tide. This is tidal water so a bay fishing license is required- the creek is a very nice tranquil area that is 6 miles of no wake zone and has lots of bass habitat- there have been quite a few large snakeheads caught this year out of this very same area. Tufnik and I fished the creek Father's Day and did some exploring- I plan to go out Thursday afternoon for my second trip there before the July 9th M&G- you are welcome to come along Thursday, if you can make it-
          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by MetroMan View Post
            In Maryland, you'll have to register the yak. It's no big deal because the yak is under 16', and the motor will be less than 7.5hp (my assumtpion lol). So registration is free; it'll cost you just $2.00 for the title fee.
            It's $2 for the title fee and 5% of the cost of the Yak to title it .........

Comment

The 5% applies if you did not already pay md tax. If you did its 2$
              Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

^right^
                <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Welcome Bassman27
                  Jim

Hobie Outback
                  TKAA member
                  Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Hello to everyone and sorry to bassman27 for jumping on his thread, but I have been using two kayaks on the Patapsco river and Triadelphia reservoir for about a month. Am I supposed to register these with the State of Maryland or is this only if you have motor attached? Thanks. And thanks for all the info on this site.
                    Don
                    2012 Hobie Revo 13'
                    2012 Hobie PA12'

Comment

only if motorized

Comment

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
                        only if motorized
                        Thanks
                        2012 Hobie Revo 13'
                        2012 Hobie PA12'

Comment

Originally posted by Shield View Post
                          Hello to everyone and sorry to bassman27 for jumping on his thread, but I have been using two kayaks on the Patapsco river and Triadelphia reservoir for about a month. Am I supposed to register these with the State of Maryland or is this only if you have motor attached? Thanks. And thanks for all the info on this site.
                          Don
                          no biggie shield let me know next time you go to tridelphia

Comment

Originally posted by bassman27 View Post
                            no biggie shield let me know next time you go to tridelphia
                            Sounds good
                            2012 Hobie Revo 13'
                            2012 Hobie PA12'

Comment

Working...
                            X