Who's Fishing Saturday, 5 Dec?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigRick View Post
    Well its still only Thursday and with High pressure moving in Friday the forecast could easily change. Where else is a good launch point near the river mouths? I fished glebe bay in the south river earlier last week and got skunked for the first time so Im assuming the fish are heading to deeper water.
    I'm not familiar with other launches in the South River, but Jonas Green would be a good launch for the Severn River.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by jsnyd86 View Post
      John, I was also thinking bay bridge. Going back and forth between live lining or jigging/trolling. I just haven't had great success there so my confidence is low.
      I've done alright there a few times, never been skunked. Just looking for deeper water that is accessible and that's the easiest spot. Wish we had access to the upper Patapsco.
      2015 Hobie Outback
      2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Originally posted by jsnyd86 View Post
        John, I was also thinking bay bridge. Going back and forth between live lining or jigging/trolling. I just haven't had great success there so my confidence is low.
        What would you be using for bait live lining this time of year?
        Ryan
        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by baitball View Post
          So I posted this same question in the "Maryland" Forum and only got one reply.

I'm asking the question here in the Main Forum and hoping for better luck.

Looking to see if any folks are going out this Saturday, 5 Dec. Weather looks great and water should be calm with only light winds predicted.

There is a good discussion on another thread (http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...as-Point-Light) about launching out of Bev Triton and hitting some deeper water around Thomas Point Light. Maybe we can get a bigger group together and try it out?
          ill be down by point lookout in the mouth of the potomac. fishing has been hot down here
          Native Watercraft Pro Staff
          2016 Native Watercraft Slayer Propel 13 Lizard Lick

2016 CCA MD "BLUE CAT" Tournament 2nd place
          33rd MSSA "THE CHAMPIONSHIP" Tournament 1st place
          2016 Curley's White Perch Tournament 1st place

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
            I'm not familiar with other launches in the South River, but Jonas Green would be a good launch for the Severn River.
            I occasionally use the small launch facility at Back Creek Nature park (sometimes called Ellen Moyer water park) for targeting the mouth of the Severn. It is located next to Bert Jabin's boat yard. It puts you into Back Creek, which is much closer to the mouth of the Severn than any other launch.

The parking lot is small and does not appear to have space for trailers.

Has anybody launched from the South River Farms park that opened earlier this year? I don't know the hours or whether it has been made more accessible to launch points than when I visited many months ago. There are also commercial marinas in Mayo that would give you access to the mouth of the South, but you would need to pay a fee.
            John Veil
            Annapolis
            Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
              What would you be using for bait live lining this time of year?
              eels if you can catch/find them are always good.
              2015 Hobie Outback
              2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

I would plan to buy eels if I were to go that route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                -Jon
                Revo 13

Comment

Ok folks,

So its time to fish or cut bait as they say...

I'm gonna be at Bev Triton at 0700 on Saturday morning. My plan is to head east, find 25-30ft of water (based on the Dimo's fishing report) and troll the channel edge north towards TPL; if trolling is slow, I'll cast/jig around TPL. When done, I plan to head back to BT via the mouth of the South River and see what action is going on there.

I'm not too concerned about a forecasted wind strength that is only going to produce 1ft wave heights (according to the NWS). Either way, whether I catch fish or get skunked, I'm up for a trip out to deeper water and the scenic tour around TPL on what seems to be shaping up to be a nice, sunny day in December.

Hopefully a few of you are up for doing the same.

See you Saturday.
                  -manny

Hobie Outback
                  Wilderness Systems 130T
                  Hobie Outfitter

Comment

Hope you find the fish!

I will not be fishing Saturday...I will be taking Cowkid1 to take the S-A-T.

Sunday looks good, so I'll try to get out then.
                    Hobie fleet:
                    2017 Quest 13
                    2015 Outback
                    2014 Outback

Comment

Oh, that's more important than fishing. Good luck to Cowkid1, I know she will knock it out of the park!
                      -manny

Hobie Outback
                      Wilderness Systems 130T
                      Hobie Outfitter

Comment

Originally posted by baitball View Post
                        Oh, that's more important than fishing. Good luck to Cowkid1, I know she will knock it out of the park!
                        She took it in her Jr year of high school, and knocked it out of the park...wants to take it again. Not sure if that has to do with college applications.
                        Hobie fleet:
                        2017 Quest 13
                        2015 Outback
                        2014 Outback

Comment

Aright, I'm in for Saturday. Or at least down to get up and check it out. See ya there
                          -Jon
                          Revo 13

Comment

Great! I'll see you there Jon.
                            -manny

Hobie Outback
                            Wilderness Systems 130T
                            Hobie Outfitter

Comment

Working...
                            X