Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
    Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Got you Salty Dog!!
      14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
      2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Is this area you're fishing above or below the area where those millions of gallons of coal ash pond water was dumped in recently by dominion? Forgive my ignorance of the geography down there
        Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by Salty Dog View Post
          Have been reading this post since the beginning an thinking about the the 2 hour drive from HC. I cant take it anymore, Count me in even though I have never fished for catfish, I think I got this. Can use my surf fishing rigs for cats. Kevin, I am in for both barring the weather. Thanks
          Surf rod would work, but I use excactly what I use for stripers, which is actually what I'd recommend...but you can ask Rockfisher for his opinion.

BTW I like eating the 18-22 size the best....but I ahve eaten all sizes. 18-22" cats are super easy to process too which is great

Comment

Don't think I will be bringing my 11 ft surf rods. But I will be using my modified fish finder rigs. with 7/0 Owner Circle hooks.
            Freddie T

Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Originally posted by Romo View Post
              Is this area you're fishing above or below the area where those millions of gallons of coal ash pond water was dumped in recently by dominion? Forgive my ignorance of the geography down there
              That area looks to be about 13 miles downstream of where the M&G is. Dominion, an appropriate name for a company that's populated with the absolute scum of the Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Salty Dog View Post
                Don't think I will be bringing my 11 ft surf rods. But I will be using my modified fish finder rigs. with 7/0 Owner Circle hooks.
                Should work fine. ....I use fishfinder rugs usually

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Comment

March meet and greet...Potomac Blue Cats at Marshall Hall

Originally posted by Romo View Post
                  I'm not sure what difference it makes, but that incident was a mineral oil spill and not coal ash pond water.

The spill entered the Potomac at the waterfowl sanctuary on the upstream side of National Airport. Environmental officials spotted its sheen as far down as the Wilson bridge. Marshall Hall is 9 miles downstream from the bridge.

Sent from my PalmPilot using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by buzz; 02-25-2016, 02:47 PM.
                  2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
                  Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Wow, it looks like you have the makings of a good group going. I wish I could go but I am still fighting an illness that's keeping me away from my main activities , So take lots of pictures.

This is a good Meet and Greet for new members too. You do not have to paddle far to the fishing grounds, the launch is an easy launch, and you can learn a lot from the experience catfish Snaggedliners, whose names were already mentioned earlier in this thread. The lunch location is great too. Very casual, with good seafood for a great low price. If I can make it, I may join you for lunch to hear about your catfishing adventures first hand.

Here is a video of catfishing at Marshall Hall.

Comment

Ha Ha...I remember that day!! Kat had to tie along side because of no anchor. That was also the "hit and Run" day with the big ones grabbing bait and taking off.
                      I hope there will be micro perch around next weekend...it is usually the best bait this time of year because cats are feeding on spawned out perch. But for me....I never can never find 'em when I am counting on them.

BTW Guys I am planning on bringing 3 types of bait. Worms, venison trimmings and minnows if I can catch any

Comment

What!!!! no perdue peelers?
                        Freddie T

Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Yeah.....I don't use chicken except livers on occasion.......just hate raw chicken, lol

Comment

im planning on bringing frozen shad, crawlers, and probably livers just bc its cheap.. I have 6 frozen trout heads I would like to use but still trying to find out if its legal or not there., also what lb lines are you guys using, how is the bottom where we will generally be fishing.. currently my rods setup with 65lb braid and an 80lb mono leader with a 3oz egg sinker and 8/0 hook.. but I can easily adapt that .... im not familiar with area so if I need to drop my leader significantly I have no qualms with it
                            2016 Hobie Mirage Outback Olive
                            LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

Those baits should work fine. I have used trout guys once with no luck.....but that day I only caught on works so who knows.
                              The bottom is relatively snaggless here, though it does vary. My favorite spot has a hard sand bottom.
                              I think you should bring a variety of hook sizes since this area holds channel and white catfish too and I often size down of i start @ looking baits. Againsome guys use heavier stuff but I just use my usual rockfish stuff.....30lb braid with 20lb leader

Comment

Thanks sounds like its gonna be a great time hope weather cooperates
                                Originally posted by kevinfry View Post
                                Those baits should work fine. I have used trout guys once with no luck.....but that day I only caught on works so who knows.
                                The bottom is relatively snaggless here, though it does vary. My favorite spot has a hard sand bottom.
                                I think you should bring a variety of hook sizes since this area holds channel and white catfish too and I often size down of i start @ looking baits. Againsome guys use heavier stuff but I just use my usual rockfish stuff.....30lb braid with 20lb leader

2016 Hobie Mirage Outback Olive
                                LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

Working...
                                X