Bay Bridge 7/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bay Bridge 7/15

Taking off work this friday. anyone up for Bay Bridge?
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

sorry working havent caught any blues worth mentioning in eastern bay yet, still waiting to hear some reports on spanish over there

Comment

Very possible
      Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Could possibly get off, where do you plan to launch from?

Comment

im gonna try the marina at hemingways. im going to call them again tomorrow and make sure its cool to launch there.
          Hobie Revolution 13
          Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Hey matt I got a place for you to the crash up here if you make the trip. Whenever. Wednesday night or Thursday night.
            Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

What time Friday morning?
              2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
              2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
              2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
                sorry working havent caught any blues worth mentioning in eastern bay yet, still waiting to hear some reports on spanish over there
                i'm drooling waiting for some spanish reports. they eluded me last year...this year...they're mine.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Grilled Sardine View Post
                  im gonna try the marina at hemingways. im going to call them again tomorrow and make sure its cool to launch there.
                  moc said that toadfinger went there and they told him they had no ramp. i saw 1 on the satalite photo keep getting conflicting messages. call first

Comment

I may take Friday off to take care of some work around the yard, but I may Join you if you are launching out of Hemmingways (pending) or Matapeake.....

Comment

If Hemmingway is out: Is Metapeake better than Terrapin? Out of Metapeake it'll take about two miles of paddling. Out of Terrapin, you walk about a quarter mile to the launch and then paddle one mile. Is that about right? Seems like Terrapin is the way to go.
                      2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                      2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                      2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

you walk 1/4-1/2mi at terrapin to the beach then the same when you take out so 1/2-1 mile total. At metapeake its a boat ramp. If you paddle to the bridgeon incoming tide and back with outgoing it saves alot of effort. Anything is better than SPSP to fish the eastside
                        Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
                          If Hemmingway is out: Is Metapeake better than Terrapin? Out of Metapeake it'll take about two miles of paddling. Out of Terrapin, you walk about a quarter mile to the launch and then paddle one mile. Is that about right? Seems like Terrapin is the way to go.
                          Don't forget after all the paddling to and from TP, you have to haul a fully loaded yak ....maybe with fish and some water in your hull to the parking lot. Where Pinch said Matapeake when you arrive at the boat ramp....you are there. I have never launched from Matapeake, but I have launched one time from TP, and it was a pain. Plus I had to remove the wheels from my revo so I could drag it over the sand. I am not sure which is better, I just can go by Pinch and others who have launched from both....

Comment

^you know whats better?

hemmingways.

maybe we need to mob style it and show up in numbers with baseball bats...lol...
                            sigpic

Comment

Mob style, im so down
                              Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Working...
                              X