July 9, 2016 Meet & Greet at Lowes Wharf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 9, 2016 Meet & Greet at Lowes Wharf

July M&G that Coop1486 and I will be hosting. Last year, everyone had a good time fishing and many who came enjoyed the lunch at the Restaurant next to the ramp. Coop1486 setup the lunch with the Restaurant owner (Paul) who put aside several tables for our group. It is outside dining with a beachy feel.

The July 2016 Meet and Greet will be held on Saturday, July 9th at Lowes Wharf Marina in Sherwood, MD. The exact address for your GPS is 21651 Lowes Wharf Road, Sherwood MD. It is about 1 hour from the Bay Bridge. We will launch at 6:30 AM, We will be targeting Spots, Croakers, Perch, and Rockfish. There may even be a Speckle Trout or Red drum mixed in, but none have been reported this year again there. Lunch will be at 1:00 PM at Lowes Wharf Marina Inn. http://www.loweswharf.com which is next to the launch. Occasionally they have live bands there in the summer while you have your meal.

Lowes Wharf is a public landing in Sherwood Maryland. The landing has not been maintained very well, but the Marina has a boat ramp that the owner of the Restaurant will let us use for our event. This area is very interesting since it is the closet launch for a kayak to get to Poplar Island, an area known for catching rockfish. There are also two smaller islands near Poplar Island called Jefferson Island and Coaches Island. There are also plenty of shoreline to fish the shallows for Rockfish, perch and Reds. On the Northern point of Poplar Island, boats hang out there and live line for rockfish.

Since weather is always a concern, there will be a plan B launch spot. It is Harris Creek, which is only 5 minutes from Lowes Wharf. Rockfish, Croakers, Perch, Spots and an occasional Reds have been found in this area, but mainly Rocks, Perch , Spots and Croakers.

Please reply in this thread if you plan on attending this Meet and Greet, and also if you are planning to attend lunch, so we can give an attendance count to the restaurant. I will keep a running list of who is attending for everyone.

In the past, we have had up to 31 anglers attend this event. Since this is an Inn with visitors who rent the rooms, please keep the noise down to a minimum in the morning when you arrive so you will not to not disturb any guests.
    Don't forget your lure for the bucket.
    Here is a link from the 2015 Lowes Wharf Meet and Greet to give you an idea.

http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...ht=lowes+wharf
    Attached Files
    Last edited by coop1486; 07-01-2016, 05:38 AM.
    2012 hobie outback
    2016 feelfree lure 11.5

Attendees:

Plasticboat (Fishing and Lunch)
    Coop1486 (Fishing and Lunch)
    Stephen Slotwinski (Fishing and Lunch)
    Dimo(Fishing and Lunch)
    Wall e(Fishing and Lunch)
    Fishing Fool(Fishing and Lunch
    Fishing Geek(Fishing and Lunch)
    Odawgyaker(Fishing and Lunch
    Moc (Fishing and Lunch)
    Pig Pen(Fishing)
    MikeMike(Fishing and Lunch)
    Medackaker(Fishing and Lunch)
    Yakscientist(Fishing and Lunch)
    Silasvirus82(Fishing and Lunch)
    Yakmac and friend(Fishing and Lunch)
    Pat Smith(Fishing and Lunch)
    Tango(Fishing and Lunch)
    Kevinfry. (Fishing and lunch)
    Woodyak(Fishing and Lunch)
    Ken Kayak(Fishing and Lunch)
    Last edited by coop1486; 07-09-2016, 03:37 AM.
    2012 hobie outback
    2016 feelfree lure 11.5

Comment

I will be there for fishing and lunch
      popular island.jpg
      Native watercraft Mariner 12.5
      Lowrance HDI 5
      Abu Garcia rods n reels

Comment

Hey Coop, I will be there for fishing and lunch as well.
        -Omid

2015 ivory outback

Comment

Does anyone know what they charge for a night at the inn? I would be coming from west of Hagersippy and getting up at 3am to get there by launch time makes for a long trip back home later that day.

Comment

Originally posted by gkreps View Post
            Does anyone know what they charge for a night at the inn? I would be coming from west of Hagersippy and getting up at 3am to get there by launch time makes for a long trip back home later that day.
            I don't have a clue give them a call
            2012 hobie outback
            2016 feelfree lure 11.5

Comment

Hi Coop - I would like to attend both fishing and lunch!
              -Adam

Comment

I will miss the July M&G again this year because of family travel. But this morning I did some scouting in the Poplar Island area from my center console. I cast 3" Fat Sam mullet paddletails to grassy shorelines in 3' to 5' depth and caught more than 35 stripers from 16" to 23". I caught two on poppers. I won't give out exact locations, but there are areas with those characteristics that can be reached by kayak from the Lowes Wharf launch area. The fish were not everywhere -- I had to cover a lot of shorelines to find the fish. But once on them, I kept catching.

Have a good time and productive catching.
                John Veil
                Annapolis
                Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Darn - this is my favorite of all the meet and greets... can't make it heading to Myrtle Beach for family vacation. Hope to see lots of pics and great reports.

Comment

I'll be there for both.

Comment

This is also my favorite of all Meet and Greets too. I had an ineradicable time last year and caught a TON of fish (all of them are still there, perhaps a little bigger). Sadly it looks like I might miss this one as the wife is working in the am and I have to watch my child (who doesnt fish yet... very sad).

I went there with the family a couple months ago just for something to do. I asked about the rooms and if I recall correctly they were in the $250 range for a night.
                      People who use the word "literally" wrong literally kill me.

Comment

Planning on being there to fish and lunch
                        Mark Harrison

Hobie Outback - Yellow

Comment

Yes I will be attending the July 9 M&G at 6:30 and lunch at 1pm

Comment

Count me in Coop for both fishing and lunch.....I sense a crab cake in my future.

Comment

Count me in for fishing and lunch-Yak67. We bringing a lure for the "Bucket"???

2015 Hobie PA-14
                              2016 Hobie Outback LE #217

Comment

Working...
                              X