August M&G OC/ 50 Gateway Bridge/ AsaBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CB kayak 02 View Post
    Pinch slept at Royal Farms for a few hours one night before we fished. I'm sure you would be fine sleeping in your car the the commercial ramp.
    truth, i slept in front of alltackle
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

OK Thanks Matt. sounds like a plan.
      Tom Brown
      Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
      2012 Hobie PA 14'
      Ocean Kayak Tident 13
      2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Well I plan on being there just hope I'm not working my butt off all night friday and can stay awake on the drive down. I've got all night to get there just rather drive straight down and then nap. How far is the launch site to the airport area on rt 611? I fished that area before and caught the largest Flounder I've ever caught. I was staying at the Frontier Town campgrounds. Looks like the same general area
        Tom Brown
        2012 Hobie PA 14'
        Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

I am not going to be able to make it but I wish you all great luck-
          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

I'm in, 3 adults, 3 kids,
            9 year old wants a shark off the yak,, we'll see
            Ariving Friday mid day, kids wanna spank me at the go kart tracks
            Slack
            Captian of the plastic Navy
            1 - Mad River Canoes
            1- Tarpon 120
            1- Redfish 10
            1- Coosa HD
            2- Cuda 12
            1- Slayer Propel 10

http://reoservicesofmaryland.com/

Comment

does anyone know if there are any nice hotels in the area

Comment

Originally posted by bassman27 View Post
                does anyone know if there are any nice hotels in the area
                How nice are you looking for?

There are hundreds of different hotels/motels. I would check the hotels in West OC as they tend to have more vacancy and are cheaper because they are not actually on the Island itself.

Comment

Originally posted by CB kayak 02 View Post
                  How nice are you looking for?

There are hundreds of different hotels/motels. I would check the hotels in West OC as they tend to have more vacancy and are cheaper because they are not actually on the Island itself.
                  well my wife and kids will be coming she says she wants something with a pool and beach front

Comment

I've been looking. But it's just me on this trip and the target is the M&G so I can get something further away. With the missus looking for beachfront get ready to pay! Expensive over there. Especially last minute! And availability is tough. Try these:

http://ococean.com/accommodations

You can filter selections: http://www.tripadvisor.com/

Comment

Hey Bassman

Go to OCocean.Com or OCRentals.com look for motels and Hotels on that site. There are literally hundereds. You would like to get something below 30th street or something that says Boardwalk and some other street name. Those are most likely to have single or two night stays. Most places in season want you to stay a 3 or 4 day weekend. Hope to see you there.
                      Tom Brown
                      2012 Hobie PA 14'
                      Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

Originally posted by medicyaker View Post
                        Go to OCocean.Com or OCRentals.com look for motels and Hotels on that site. There are literally hundereds. You would like to get something below 30th street or something that says Boardwalk and some other street name. Those are most likely to have single or two night stays. Most places in season want you to stay a 3 or 4 day weekend. Hope to see you there.
                        Thanks for all your help guys wife is definently looking forward to this trip. Ive found a few places already now time to call and get my face cracked with these insane prices.

Comment

At least you can rest and relax on the water knowing that your wife and kids will be spending all of your hard earned savings. LOL
                          Tom Brown
                          2012 Hobie PA 14'
                          Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

Hey guys, Im sorry to say that will not be able to join you all later thismorning. As I am writing this it is 1:34am and I just got off of work. I'm way too tired to drive all the way down there now. Hopefully I can get out later today on the bay but as for now I have to get some sleep. SORRY...
                            Tom
                            Tom Brown
                            2012 Hobie PA 14'
                            Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

Originally posted by medicyaker View Post
                              Hey guys, Im sorry to say that will not be able to join you all later thismorning. As I am writing this it is 1:34am and I just got off of work. I'm way too tired to drive all the way down there now. Hopefully I can get out later today on the bay but as for now I have to get some sleep. SORRY...
                              Tom
                              No problem. I am about to go to bed myself. I know I am going to hurt in a few hours, but the adrenaline of fishing will wake me up.

Comment

Yeah I wish it were that easy for me. Good Luck bud and be safe
                                Tom Brown
                                2012 Hobie PA 14'
                                Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

Working...
                                X