Lewes/Indian River Inlet DE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lewes/Indian River Inlet DE

I will be in Lewes visiting family from Saturday morning through Wed of the following week. Most mornings and some evenings I will be out fishing CHSP or Indian River Inlet. I most likely will be targeting flounder however I really want to get on some TOG!

I've always wanted to try fishing the outer break wall in Lewes but I need someone to tag along as I'm not going out there alone. That wall is supposed to be a great spot for Tog and flounder alike.

PM if you are interested in exploring some new ground.

Jason

I would be careful at the outer break wall. I heard the current rips thru that area.

Comment

I will be in Bethany this Sat to the following Sunday and plan on doing a little flounder fishing as well. I am new to this game. In fact, just had outback delivered this afternoon. I am pumped to get out there and catch a few but I think I need to get a little practice in before I go out in the inlet.
      Keith Romanowski
      Red Hobie Outback

Comment

go get them, good luck. outer wall is pretty dicey not to be done alone.

Comment

Keith

PM me if you want to tag along. The Delaware bay in Lewes where I will be fishing will be perfect to get your paddles/fins wet and used to the kayak. There are several good drifts I know that require a novice level of skill and if you are up to is we can try something a little more adventurous.

You will need a Delaware fishing license and I can meet you at a local tackle shop (do not go to walmart...support the local shops if you can) and we can load up on tackle. It does not require much to get on some steady fish there.

Look forward to it,

Jason

Comment

I'd reconsider the indian river inlet with the Yak. Its extreemly hazardous there with the current and rips. seveeral Yakers have died there. not a safe place to yak!!! I was there last year as the coast Guard was looking for a fellow yaker that perrished
            Tom Brown
            Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
            2012 Hobie PA 14'
            Ocean Kayak Tident 13
            2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Its ok...I promise to wear my water wings and GPS watch.

I'm kidding...I would never drift that inlet in my 13' center console aka my kayak.

When I fish Indian River Inlet I usually fish the north side marina and Massey's Ditch area...much less current and less boat traffic.

Comment

In the same boat (kinda)

Been looking for some one to go out in the bay with. Seems like we fish the same waters. The couple guys I yak with have sink's and wont go out of the lewes canal. Been trying to find some one to hit the inner wall with, I have never been to the outer wall, but if it is doable I would definetely be game!

Comment

Originally posted by Delawhere? View Post
                  Been looking for some one to go out in the bay with. Seems like we fish the same waters. The couple guys I yak with have sink's and wont go out of the lewes canal. Been trying to find some one to hit the inner wall with, I have never been to the outer wall, but if it is doable I would definetely be game!
                  What days would you be available this week? I might try to get off work a day and fish your waters if your available to show me the ropes.

Comment

Cool, I'll let you know

Got to check the wifes schedule when she gets home tonight. I will get back to you later, Jason

Comment

I am officially back home in Northern Va and will not be back to the Lewes area until the last weekend in August. On that weekend the historical society is opening up all the WWII bunkers and buildings along the coast and doing special presentations and demonstrations. I will most likely fish the point for bluefish that morning depending on tides and then go the historical shows later that day.

Jason

Comment

heading down on the 19th and fishing on the 20th, been fishing there on the yak for years not so much this year though. delaware? check out saltfish.net i know some of the guys that post on the kayak forum. more local to del.

Comment

Thanks for the link

I will check saltfish out. I was at Lewes beach tonight letting the kids play and saw a couple guys in tricked out yaks fishing the ferry jetty. Made me curious if it could be anyone that visits here? I know this is more a Chesapeake forum but it is really only an hour away.

Comment

yeah thats what i say. id rather go to lewes than PLO any day, but i have in-laws in rehobeth to stay with

Comment

Do you need Delaware fishing license? Or is there reciprocity with VA?
                              2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                              2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                              2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Working...
                              X