What Shoes Do You Wear ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DOGFISH View Post
    I wear an old pair of Teva sandals to where I am going to launch and while getting the kayak ready. They are similar to the Keen sandals. Shimano also makes a good fishing sandal. However, with sandals, while in the water, stones can get inside the sandal. I have gone to a pair of BassPro flats shoes for the actual launch and for cold weather wear over my stocking foot waders. They are high top and keep the stones out. In sand, I don't wear any foot gear. I also don't wear any shoes in the kayak in warm weather.
    Teva's for me as well they are great until you hit a beach w/ larger stones that kill your feet! Great in all other conditions.Warm weather only & when it gets chilly I go with the NRS booties over my waders.

Comment

I wear crocs...well, the generic $5 ones at Walmart. They'll last a couple of seasons. The mud comes right off, are pretty comfy and they float.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
      Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
      Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
      Kokatat Pro Staff
      Torqeedo Pro Staff
      Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
      Alan

Comment

I'm using these http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003SRIFFO but I would not recommend them. They're already falling apart after only 2 months of use. The lining on the inside has come unglued and the rubber on the bottom is getting worn away.
        2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

i wear riaibow flip flops

Comment

I use either Columbia Water shoes or my sailing/surf neoprene booties w/ rubber soles. I like the booties the best because they fit better under the hobie pedals.

Comment

i use vibrams 5 fingers
              Hobie Revolution 13
              Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

I have some neoprene booties I wear when it's colder but not cold enough for waders. The rest of the time I wear Choco's, kinda like Tevas. When it gets cold, I either wear my wading boots over my waders, or Crocs.

Crocs are the worst for slippery ramps, unless you like falling a lot.
                Used to fish more.

Comment

I wear these but they really hold the funk and let pebbles in the back. I'd get one size smaller or the new version with a full back.

http://www.rei.com/product/820970/sa...:referralID=NA
                  www.anglerswithoutborders.com
                  Travel. Explore. Fish.

Comment

I wear a discontinued shoe by Speedo ........... most comfortable wet shoe I've owned ........... I have a very wide foot and a high instep so I'm VERY hard to fit .......... just praying they last a long time .......

Comment

I wear old shoes, cheaper water shoes (Sand shoes) or my "Barnie Rubbles" AKA redneck shoes.

Come one now, some of you Crocs? Even my 13 year old daughter would call me a flammer for wearing them. They are just, 100%, not men's shoes. Even she says they are less than attractive on a guy.

Now them REI shoes, they look nice and all about protection, like from river rock breaks. I have been barked many a time on them rock breaks.
                      "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

Working...
                      X