What to During a Gale and Flickering Electricity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HJS View Post
    Past couple of days I've been pouring lead and cleaning up the flashing from freshly poured striper jigs. Today powder painting the jigs. Tomorrow I will be glueing on eyes. I'll post pix in a couple days.

Wind is still howling, Friday 7:15pm.
    Please post pics, i've been slowly buying bulk lead and interested in DIY jighead making
    Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

I am fortunate to live in a community with underground utilities. We occasionally lose power but not as often as those areas with above-ground power lines.

I am not a lure maker, so I spent my windy Friday finishing off federal and state income taxes. I use Turbotax and go through carefully making all my entries. Throughout the process, the program estimates my federal and state taxes in small boxes at the top of the screen. I always keep hoping that I can find some magic entry that will lower the tax numbers. Sadly, it did not happen this year either. By noon, I had completed the taxes and written the checks to keep the tax guys happy.

Here is a funny graphic I came across years ago that shows a sense of frustration and creativity for paying bills.

engineer's check.jpg
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

I also have underground power. I been planning to go fishing tomorrow the whole week, but think I'll just hold on to my kitchen pass for better conditions. May fit a couple hours try for stocked trout, but motivation is low..

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
        Ryan
        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

I think my neighborhood's underground power definitely helps, but the feeder lines on Mountain Road in Pasadena are above ground. Fortunately, BGE is diligent in clearing tree branches from the lines throughout the year. Nevertheless, I believe we had over 10 outages yesterday but they were only seconds in duration. Just enough to mess up the digital clock on each appliance and to kill the router and cable TV each time. But I'll gladly take that annoyance over a lengthy outage.

So...do we have any math majors here who know how much that check to Verizon was for? That's funny.

John -- The Governor and U.S. Treasury thank you for early payment.
          Mark
          Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
          Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
          Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
            I think my neighborhood's underground power definitely helps, but the feeder lines on Mountain Road in Pasadena are above ground. Fortunately, BGE is diligent in clearing tree branches from the lines throughout the year. Nevertheless, I believe we had over 10 outages yesterday but they were only seconds in duration. Just enough to mess up the digital clock on each appliance and to kill the router and cable TV each time. But I'll gladly take that annoyance over a lengthy outage.

So...do we have any math majors here who know how much that check to Verizon was for? That's funny.

John -- The Governor and U.S. Treasury thank you for early payment.
            $0.002

It basically works out to read 0.002-1+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mweber02 View Post
              $0.002

It basically works out to read 0.002-1+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Mike,

Thank you for the calculation.

Wish my Verizon bill was that cheap.