What's Hot Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Hot Fishing

Looking to try something new for this year next Wednesday. Maybe some Catfish or Snakehead??

Any other suggestions to maybe try in the southern md area?

Maybe Captain Luke would host a mother ship M&G and we can get into some pelagic's; albies, big bluefish (as opposed to these bay run snappers), blackfin tunas, etc... :-)

How about that from a kayak?!?!?

Comment

Yeah, I'd be game for the pelagics.
      2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Sounds like the snakeheads are hot in the pond off of bumpy oak road
        http://www.pierandsurf.com/fishing-f...r-Indian-Head.
        Ryan
        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Seriously ask Capt Luke if we can get a mothership trip going!!! I am not sure how many of us it would take to cover gas but I'd be down for some ocean jigging!
          Used to fish more.

Comment

I'm game for that if the schedule is right

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
              Seriously ask Capt Luke if we can get a mothership trip going!!! I am not sure how many of us it would take to cover gas but I'd be down for some ocean jigging!
              Only thing is we are still running trips through the end of october on the weekends, and both him and I have class during the week.. So I don't think it would be a possibility til its kinda cold out....

But it's his boat.

Comment

Originally posted by shadyfisher85 View Post
                Sounds like the snakeheads are hot in the pond off of bumpy oak road
                http://www.pierandsurf.com/fishing-f...r-Indian-Head.
                That would be sweet, I saw your post though and they didn't seem to think kayak would be that efficient???

Comment

I may have to check this out tomorrow evening 09/14

Comment

Originally posted by CB kayak 02 View Post
                    Only thing is we are still running trips through the end of october on the weekends, and both him and I have class during the week.. So I don't think it would be a possibility til its kinda cold out....

But it's his boat.
                    What's cost for a charter trip? Would he even be interested to run a mothership trip? If so, how many kayaks can the boat handle?

Comment

Looking to try something new for this year next Wednesday. Maybe some Catfish or Snakehead??

Any other suggestions to maybe try in the southern md area?
                      Matt if you're still looking for catfish in southern MD there have been plenty of sizable ones in the Patuxent between King's Landing Park (small protected beach launch) up to/past the Lower Marlboro public pier (no good launch unless you're feeling really ambitious). Haven't checked the tides, but I'd suggest heading north from KLP and and then turning about to ride the outgoing hanging around the edges of large bends. The dropoffs are pretty healthy there. Haven't fished the Pax since the storm though...so I can't say for sure what it looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by jffoley View Post
                        What's cost for a charter trip? Would he even be interested to run a mothership trip? If so, how many kayaks can the boat handle?
                        Well the general price is 600 for 6 people and 75 for each additional.

We got another charter guy that runs trips out of Deltaville for part of the year too, He has a perfect boat to run a mothership for 10-15 people, maybe this is something we could look into for next spring or the fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Knot Working View Post
                          Matt if you're still looking for catfish in southern MD there have been plenty of sizable ones in the Patuxent between King's Landing Park (small protected beach launch) up to/past the Lower Marlboro public pier (no good launch unless you're feeling really ambitious). Haven't checked the tides, but I'd suggest heading north from KLP and and then turning about to ride the outgoing hanging around the edges of large bends. The dropoffs are pretty healthy there. Haven't fished the Pax since the storm though...so I can't say for sure what it looks like.
                          That is one of the places on my list, I fished there growing up and haven't been back a few years.

What kind of bait and rig are you using for the cats? catching anything else?

Comment

Well the general price is 600 for 6 people and 75 for each additional.

We got another charter guy that runs trips out of Deltaville for part of the year too, He has a perfect boat to run a mothership for 10-15 people, maybe this is something we could look into for next spring or the fall.
                            Sounds like a M&G opportunity! When we goin'?

http://www.tidalfish.com/forums/show...=blackfin+tuna

Comment

Next year? Heck, I'm ready now
                              2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                              2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                              2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Working...
                              X