No announcement yet.

Saturday- Sept 17- where are you going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to admit the Outback is an awesome kayak- the hull slap was barely noticeable in the chop and I never felt the least bit uncomfortable in the waves or stability- the Mirage drive is cheating- plain and simple- you cannot paddle as fast or as long as the Hobie drive- it is an unfair advantage and I plan to take full advantage of it- and thanks Tuf for adjusting the length of the peddles for me- I was short stroking it until then and it made all the difference in the level of comfort- controlling the kayak with the sail rudder is a snap- it is very responsive. For my first time out seven hours of peddling was OK- I haven't had any overly sore muscles- YET...

I had a devil of a time figuring out how to put the peddles in and locking them in place- I put them in backwards at first- peddles propelled it backwards- once I got it all working right I was off fishing- this is where the Outback excels- turning around to get things out of the back in the Kayak is possible without it tipping-the secondary stability is outstanding- and it is fast with the turbo fins- much more so than my Prowler. It is possible to go long distances and sustain speed- one thing I noticed is when you pull the rudder up the boat doesn't track straight-
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

I pan fried the speckled trout last nite for my supper- it was delicious! I wanted to make a cajun dish but it was Sunday nite football so i went with quick and simple-
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
      X