Hobie Pro Angler vs Hobie Outback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobie Pro Angler vs Hobie Outback

After doing some fishing with alot of other guys here ive decided to break down and grab me one of those great looking hobie's question is what are my pro's and cons could you guys let me in on some of the pros and cons that you have experienced with either.

I've peddled both but never fished either. The pro angler is a tank. I stood up in it and felt like I was on a floating dock.
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

I have a pro angler. It can be a PIA to haul around geared up, but i am 5'11 and 290 and can stand up in this thing and get around great. SOOO much room.

Comment

I have a Pro Angler like M3 it is a PIA sometimes but once in the water what a difference! Lots of room and I can stand and fly cast. The new leaning bar will probably make it a lot easier, which I shall obtain before next season.

If you do a lot of small rivers and such and in a lot of shallows the pro angler can be a monster to try to paddle for a while so in that case maybe not the pro angler but otherwise great yak.

Comment

I love my outback and it's plenty sturdy to stand and fish if you have reasonable balance and the water is not too choppy. I have no experience on the pro angler but some people say that its more of a boat than a kayak.

Don't rule out the Revo as a lot of people on here have those and like them too. Generally, I guess the PA is slow and really sturdy and the Revo is fast and not as sturdy. The Outback is in the middle. I think I might fish Weems creek on saturday. If you want, you can test peddle my outback.
          Ryan
          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

There ain't nothin like the PA ........... tons of stuff that you don't get in other Yaks ........... the side boards that let you mount stuff without drilling into the yak ......... side bars that have retractable lines to keep stuff tethered and to assist in standing and sitting and for tethering ........ ruller on the sidebar for measuring fish ......... Comfortable elevated seat the keeps you out of the water and ventilated ......... horizontal rod storage for 6 rods with tiedowns .......... huge stroage tray up front that also makes a decent icechest ........... huge top storage platform in back with tiedown ....... great handles for moving ......... a cutting board and covered tackle storage compartment between your legs ......... place for tackle boxes either side of the seat w/tiedowns ........... etc etc etc ..........

Oh and some say it's faster than the outback and you don't get the hull slap ........ etc

When you consider all the stuff you get with the PA ......... that you would have to pay for in the outback ........ it's definitely a better value ......

Oh and those that say it's more of a boat than a Yak have never tried one and are jealous they didn't spend just a little more .......... PA comes with a a kayak paddle a boat doesn't .........
            Last edited by Memory Maker; 09-22-2011, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Man, after that sales pitch Im sold on the PA! lol
              Ryan
              Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

I am definently sold on the PA ive checked out alot on youtube about it now all i need is one of those motors that you got shady

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
                  Oh and those that say it's more of a boat than a Yak have never tried one and are jealous they didn't spend just a little more
                  LOL...and lol again.
                  <insert witty comment here>

Comment

From what i have seen i don't think you can get a more comfortable ride than a PA. How do you plan on transporting the Kayak? That could play a major roll in which platform suits you best. If you plan on carrying the kayak on top of a SUV then you better have a good chiropractor if you go with the PA. That sucker is heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by shadyfisher85 View Post
                      Man, after that sales pitch Im sold on the PA! lol
                      Hey guy ....... not a sales pitch .... just the truth ...... take a close look at one ........ then take a closer look ....... then try it for a day or so ......... you'll see ......... even Metroman won't be laughing

Weight is a concern for some and not for others ....... for me it was. I bought a PU truck I've been thinking about for years and even a fat old fart like me has no problems loading and unloading by myself. Others get a trailer. Some just an extension out the back. If I knew then what I know now about the loading I could put it on the roof of my SUV with no problems ........ never lift more than 70 lbs. I also have a simple design for a loader that will really make it easy using an extension ladder and a roller .........

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
                        even Metroman won't be laughing
                        Chances are good that I will still be laughing at your claim.

People who consider it a boat are jealous? You can't be serious.

And for the record...It doesn't matter what people classify it as in my book. We're out there together enjoying our sport...its all good to me. *shrug*

meh, whatever floats your boat...er...I mean...yak.
                        <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Im not even kidding, I gave a quick look at craigslist to see what used PAs were available. Could be on my radar for the near future...
                          Ryan
                          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by shadyfisher85 View Post
                            Im not even kidding, I gave a quick look at craigslist to see what used PAs were available. Could be on my radar for the near future...
                            Hey Ryan ......... you're welcome to try my second PA before you buy one if ya want .......... see what ya think ...........
                            Last edited by Memory Maker; 09-23-2011, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MetroMan View Post
                              Chances are good that I will still be laughing at your claim.

People who consider it a boat are jealous? You can't be serious.

And for the record...It doesn't matter what people classify it as in my book. We're out there together enjoying our sport...its all good to me. *shrug*

meh, whatever floats your boat...er...I mean...yak.
                              ........ About as serious as someone that calls a vessel that's powered by a 2 bladed paddle (as opposed to oars) a boat

Comment

Working...
                              X