No announcement yet.

Vacation time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry if i sidetracked u, still learning the ropes, being a newbie, i thought janes island was directly across from point lookout where i will be be all next week. was hoping someone had some idea what to expect. mostly trolling around the point. later this fall will shoot for janes island for a change. any advice would be helpful. i will be using paddletails with jigheads and maybe grass shrimp for perch. again sorry for the disruption.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenyearspa12 View Post
      sorry if i sidetracked u, still learning the ropes, being a newbie, i thought janes island was directly across from point lookout where i will be be all next week. was hoping someone had some idea what to expect. mostly trolling around the point. later this fall will shoot for janes island for a change. any advice would be helpful. i will be using paddletails with jigheads and maybe grass shrimp for perch. again sorry for the disruption.
      There will be a few specks around but you’re still a little early for our side of the bay. It will mostly be a striper bite. Looking at winds be flexible on where you go. St Inigoes, Piney Point and Breton Bay can be fishable on days you can’t get to the point. Still early for the perch but a couple warm days can change that. Overall the striper fishing has been good and I haven’t had less than 15 on any outing this year.
      Mike
      Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

where to launch at st inigoes? thanks for the info. i launched from buzz s marina once real shallow in spots , will keep everyone posted,

Comment

Originally posted by Oldbayrunner View Post
          Sorry gents was without wifi in the camp grounds. As usual Janes Island SP was beautiful as always. The fist few days the weather was gorgeous mid 70's and as usual every type of fly and mosquitos were out already in abundance so bug spray was in order. The winds & rains were sporadic and a lot of small craft warnings so venturing out to fish the outlying areas was out of the question. The water inside did get up to 70 for a brief period but after the weekend the weather temps dropped dramatically and as my time progressed so did the water temps to around the mid 60's. Fishing was still fun the first couple of days I caught specs and dink striper then for some reason I only ran into catching dinks, and striper between 16 - 20" inside the waterways of the island, which were consistent but being the time of year I couldn't keep any, which is rare for me to do anyway. My remembered fishing spots on the inside waterways produced so the bite was A typical with it being best at the mid tides. Moc & Mike Mike met me one of the days at Colburn Landing, Moc found a spot he had fish 10 years before and limited out on keeper specs. I was catching mainly small striper and missed a few specs. I wound up coming home early as I was really unprepared for how the cold weather had reared it's ugly head, especially at night in a tent without my winter gear........... All in all it was a fun trip, there wasn't a day I ventured out I didn't catch fish and it was great just being out on the water. But I think for this time of year a venture to Virginia is a better bet for variety.
          Sounds like a good trip, and those temps in the low 40’s were a bummer for all of us. Thanks for the update, I may be over that way next week, so I was eager to hear.

Comment

Working...
          X