No announcement yet.

ProAngler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on your new Hobie. Did you buy online or from a local? It's getting so you need pedals to keep from swamped by all the Hobies passing you. (starting to lean left)

Comment

Thanks, I thought it may be best to have a little more plastic under me. I should sit somewhat higher in the water. I got it locally. It should be a blast to rig it.

Comment

Originally posted by DOGFISH View Post
        Thanks, I thought it may be best to have a little more plastic under me. I should sit somewhat higher in the water. I got it locally. It should be a blast to rig it.
        Congrats again! you beat me to the punch, I was looking at the 2012 Yellow PA at Backyard Boats. Might still pull the trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by CB kayak 02 View Post
          Congrats again! you beat me to the punch, I was looking at the 2012 Yellow PA at Backyard Boats. Might still pull the trigger.
          you building an army w/ 2 pro anglers? lol
          Hobie Revolution 13
          Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Originally posted by CB kayak 02 View Post
            Dang Matt ........ 2 PA's ......... you sure you're not my son?

Comment

Originally posted by Grilled Sardine View Post
              you building an army w/ 2 pro anglers? lol
              Ah ........ that would be a Navy ........ Army - land .... Navy - Water ......

I can see it now ..... coming from the east ......... out of the fog bank ...... with the rising sun to our backs ....... and a stereo blasting the Ride of the Valkyries ...............

............ THE MKF HOBIE ARMADA ...........

...... A Fine line of water craft .......... sleek Revo cutters on the flanks .......... cruiser Outbacks next ........ and in the center ....... the Carriers ....... the PA's ........ all with their flags flying in the breeze ........

Ahhhhh yes ........ a formidble sight .........

Da ....... dudid da daa duh ........ dudid da daa duh ......... dudid da daaaaaa

Hey ....... stop bogarting the joint dude .......
              Last edited by Memory Maker; 01-12-2012, 03:22 PM.

Comment

I would have to sell the one I have now before I got a new one. It's hard to not want to upgrade to something new!!

Comment

is there anything new in the 2012 models?
                  Hobie Revolution 13
                  Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

compared to my 2010, the steering/rudder control is improved alot

Comment

According to other internet sources and the guy at BYB, the only difference in the 2011 model and the 2012 model is an alignment pin for the peddle drive. It prevents putting the peddle drive is crooked. That just seems like a very minor change and/or problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
                        Ah ........ that would be a Navy ........ Army - land .... Navy - Water ......

I can see it now ..... coming from the east ......... out of the fog bank ...... with the rising sun to our backs ....... and a stereo blasting the Ride of the Valkyries ...............

............ THE MKF HOBIE ARMADA ...........

...... A Fine line of water craft .......... sleek Revo cutters on the flanks .......... cruiser Outbacks next ........ and in the center ....... the Carriers ....... the PA's ........ all with their flags flying in the breeze ........

Ahhhhh yes ........ a formidble sight .........

Da ....... dudid da daa duh ........ dudid da daa duh ......... dudid da daaaaaa

Hey ....... stop bogarting the joint dude .......
                        Rick, it sounds like you are in need of some time out fishing.

Comment

well .......... I've had some time out ............ guess it's tme to fish .......

Comment

check out the new revo at the cbka tourney, a lot of improvements from my 09 not big things just stuff to improve the experience

Comment

I have noticed that the Revo is just a hair faster than the Outbacks, so that would lend me to think that the PA is somewhat slower than both the Revo and the Outback using the same mirage drive system.

One on the biggest advantages I have seen by getting my Outback is the distances I can go out, fish all day, get back in and not be any where nearly as fatigued as I used to be paddling. The Mirage drive system is very efficient, but the size of the boat dictates the speed. I guarantee you if we put in SPSP at the same time and started to the Bay Bridge, Mike would be fishing while the rest of the Hobie Navy was still peddling- his 11 foot Revo is FAST...wonder how much slower and how much more drag the PA has than the rest of the fishing mirage drive Hobie's? I know there is no such thing as a perfect fishing Kayak...what is perfect for me isn't for you, etc., but the advantages of the PA in size and roominess have to have some disadvantages in propulsion, effort, etc.

All that said, I certainly could see a PA in my future...

PS- I have really notice that even the thin padding on the factory seat doesn't give me numb butt any more- the angle you sit while peddling relieves the pressure and (in my case) eliminates numb butt.
                              Last edited by ronaultmtd; 01-13-2012, 09:22 AM.
                              "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                              2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                              "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                              Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
                                I have noticed that the Revo is just a hair faster than the Outbacks, so that would lend me to think that the PA is somewhat slower than both the Revo and the Outback using the same mirage drive system.

One on the biggest advantages I have seen by getting my Outback is the distances I can go out, fish all day, get back in and not be any where nearly as fatigued as I used to be paddling. The Mirage drive system is very efficient, but the size of the boat dictates the speed. I guarantee you if we put in SPSP at the same time and started to the Bay Bridge, Mike would be fishing while the rest of the Hobie Navy was still peddling- his 11 foot Revo is FAST...wonder how much slower and how much more drag the PA has than the rest of the fishing mirage drive Hobie's? I know there is no such thing as a perfect fishing Kayak...what is perfect for me isn't for you, etc., but the advantages of the PA in size and roominess have to have some disadvantages in propulsion, effort, etc.

All that said, I certainly could see a PA in my future...

PS- I have really notice that even the thin padding on the factory seat doesn't give me numb butt any more- the angle you sit while peddling relieves the pressure and (in my case) eliminates numb butt.
                                I want to see how the REVO 11 handles the bay ........ the prevailing wisdom is that the bay needs 12 ft or better ...... it will be faster but will it handle what the bay can give out .........

Second, the PA seat is the most comfortable and sits higher so you're not sitting in water

As far as speed, I read a comparison somewhere that said the Revo was slightly faster than the outback and the PA was equal to or slightly faster than the outback but slower than the Revo .......... wish I could find that again .......... but ......... the ones with the Torqeedos, Evolves should give a boost .... especially if you use the Mirage drive with it ......... Shady's Evolved powered Outback is VERY fast when he's peddling too ......

I'm now thinking about the torqeedo solar battery charger ........ it will power the Torqeedo all day at trolling speed without the battery and charges the battery in 8 hrs ........... that way I will never have to be concerned about battery power and can blast full speed all day .......... even to those pilings that never saw a Yak

Comment

Working...
                                X