• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice Don. Enjoy the new ride.
    2012 Hobie Revo 13'
    2012 Hobie PA12'

Comment

I have a Pa as well. where you happy with your Bassyak? I'm devided between the Bassyak and the evolve. Bassyak is cheaper the e-volve is lighter in weight and more sleek I even heard you get more battery life out of the e-volve.

Comment

Congratulations on the new yak Don. I have one too. I think it's slower than all the other Hobie's, but the most stable platform on the market.
        2015 Outback
        2016 Outback LE

GO PATRIOTS !!!

Comment

The trend is to wider, more stable kayaks for all the new kayakers entering the market- SIK sport kayaks by Jackson are still designed for dedicated paddlers and white water kayakers- wider kayaks are slower than the more sleek, narrow, longer kayaks- just a fact of the designers- all kayaks are compromises- just isn't possible to have it all in any one kayak- the efficiency of the mirage drive with turbo fins is an amazing advance in technology but wider Hobie kayaks like the big PA's are slower than narrower, longer Hobies- The Revolutions are about as fast a fishing kayak as is available in the Hobie line (I discount the Adventures, as they are more of a catamarin)- one step down is the Outbacks and hauling up the rear are the PA's-
          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Dog. I just sent you a PM but I guess i'll post it for everyone since it fits the theme.

Congratulations on the Pro Angler. I have one with a Torqeedo. You may want to think twice before you buy the Evolve. The first reason is that the motor locks into the area where the pedals normally go. If you hit something, it will put a great deal of stress one the hull in an area that is already prone to damage. The Evolve does not have any mechanism to kick up if you should hit an underwater obstruction. The second reason is that you cannot easily alternate between pedaling and using motor power.

Before you buy, come down and see my set up. I have engineered a way to tie the rudder into the motor so that you use the same mechanism to steer. I also have it set up so that everything is quick disconnect and everything is stainless steel. I can install mine in under one minute. .......

Comment

I didn't mention it before but like russ and memory maker I too have the torqeedo; for the same reasons russ mentioned. It costs more but I think its safer than the evolve. Russ has a great set up .
              2015 Outback
              2016 Outback LE

GO PATRIOTS !!!

Comment

Thanks, so far I like the Evolve. This is the second season that I have been using it. The Torqeedo makes a bit more noise than a trolling motor, but more powerful. I don't think the noise makes much of a difference where I fish, mainly in the bay. I really don't intend to peddle. I have purchased two additional batteries. I have quite a trolling range. I do carry the peddles as a backup. I will post some photos of the PA in the photos of rigged kayaks thread. I just realized, I don't have any photos of the PA rigged.

Comment

I have an original PA that I take out of Deale. Instead of going for a trolling motor, I use the sail. A bit cheaper.

Comment

Welcome to the world of Hobie.... now if you could just forget about the motor and pedal it you could get that exercise we all need more of.... right Memory Maker....
                    http://docirvcustombaits.com/baitbox/
                    484-459-9863
                    If you are not satisfied with the color or texture of your custom made Doc Irv baits just let me know and I will redo it at no cost to you to your satisfaction, because I am not happy unless you are happy.*
                    *But if you are one of those people who is never satisfied then I retain the right to be unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by docirv View Post
                      Welcome to the world of Hobie.... now if you could just forget about the motor and pedal it you could get that exercise we all need more of.... right Memory Maker....
                      The sail is not really that efficient. The mast is bendy so you loose power there. Plus, the sail area is small. The sail acts as more of an assist device letting me troll for many more hours.

It also helps me go further which would be useful if I ever wanted to live line near Poplar Island.

Comment

Working...
                      X