new Lowrance Elite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new Lowrance Elite

i think i'm gonna stick this on my yak...has a bunch of features and is compact. thoughts?

http://www.lowrance.com/Products/Mar...s/Elite-4-DSI/
    sigpic

Nice what is the price tag on that puppy?

Comment

cabelas is listing $350

i'm looking for a better price though
      sigpic

Comment

That looks great ........ only concern is the size of the screen ........ if you can read it then it's a great deal

Comment

Looks like that one has down imaging? Do they recommend that thru hull?
          Malibu Stealth 14
          Perception Caster 12.5

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
            That looks great ........ only concern is the size of the screen ........ if you can read it then it's a great deal
            i currently have the cuda 250 and ive been fine with the size, so i wont miss anything. would i like a bigger screen, kind of, but i also love how the cuda and this unit are smaller

Originally posted by fredneckyaker View Post
            Looks like that one has down imaging? Do they recommend that thru hull?
            yes it does, and per the manual:

Shoot-thru hull
            "The DSI transducer can be epoxied to the hull for
            shoot-thru installations. This is not a recommended
            installation method since it significantly degrades
            DSI performance."

yakers have done it with other models and said image is fine. also remember, the are talking about shoot-thu a boat shell, which is significantly thicker than a yak. the best instalation obviously would be in contact with water, which i may do off the back.
            sigpic

Comment

Looks like you have a winner then ........ great snag !!!!!!!

Comment

Hobie Revolution 13
                Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

i like that unit but screen is too small for my old eyes i need a 19" screen now

humm, arnt all ff down imaging? except side imagers of course

Comment

I have been looking a the new Humminbird 385 Combo with DI. I think mounting it on the rail right next to the seat of the PA might be a good place. Easy to reach and to operate. I don't think I need SI, but until I make up my mind about the SI, I will stick with my older 385. In any event, when buying a combo unit get one that is compatible with an additional chip. I added the Fish and Chip to my 385 last summer and it was a great improvement. Being able to troll along the contour lines is much more important than seeing an image of what I am going over. Besides, for the bay fisherman, most of the bay bottom is like a desert.

Comment

Originally posted by DOGFISH View Post
                      I have been looking a the new Humminbird 385 Combo with DI. I think mounting it on the rail right next to the seat of the PA might be a good place. Easy to reach and to operate. I don't think I need SI, but until I make up my mind about the SI, I will stick with my older 385. In any event, when buying a combo unit get one that is compatible with an additional chip. I added the Fish and Chip to my 385 last summer and it was a great improvement. Being able to troll along the contour lines is much more important than seeing an image of what I am going over. Besides, for the bay fisherman, most of the bay bottom is like a desert.
                      I have two Yakattack rail mount prototypes. If you will use them I will let you have them. They seem like they will work well, but I decided not to get the gear trac quite yet.

Comment

Ok.

Comment

Looks like a really cool FF. I wish I had GPS on mine. I agree with DOGFISH that the contour lines are easier to follow on a map than feeling around with sonar.

Speaking of which, how good are the maps on there? Do they come built-in or do you have to pay extra/download?
                          Mike S.
                          Hobie Outback
                          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
                          3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Hey Dogfish, I also have the 385ci color but don't have the DI. I have a question about the Fishin Chip. I bought a Chip that has just the Lakes and Potomac and Pax rivers on it as well as any and all Resevours in the state. Shouldn't it have the Chesapeake Bay on it as well. I havn't used it yet and was just wondering. I think the one I have is called the fishin Chip??? Not sure. It retails for about $50. I know there is one that has the bay and the ocean as well and that sells for about $199 or so.
                            Tom Brown
                            Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
                            2012 Hobie PA 14'
                            Ocean Kayak Tident 13
                            2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

I think we talked about this before. The one you have is Hot Maps, which I believe is kind of like Lake Master, mostly freshwater. Fish and Chip is regularly $199, that may be the one you are talking about. I heard that Navionics is going to merge Fish and Chip into, I think the Gold Chip. You can call Navionics to verify that.

I have really never targeted, like individual fish, on the FF when fishing in the bay. I will stop and fish what I have learned to interpret as a school of stripers or perch near the bottom. I use the FF to find good structure and schools of bait. The gamefish tend to follow. Naturally, there are exceptions to the rule. That is why I like to be able to follow the contours on the GPS map. I have become so entrenched with light tackle trolling that I have done little else in the last year. It is very productive.

Comment

Working...
                              X