No announcement yet.

new Lowrance Elite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been waiting for the same unit to arrive at BPS so I can see for myself what the bottom contours look like on the base map. Don't want to pay all that extra money for a Navionics chip so I can know where all the marinas and rest rooms are on the Bay. I Just need an image of the bottom marked in feet so I can fish the edges in open water.

Have any of you seen the base map on this unit?

GB

Comment

Originally posted by stupidjet View Post
      i currently have the cuda 250 and ive been fine with the size, so i wont miss anything. would i like a bigger screen, kind of, but i also love how the cuda and this unit are smaller

yes it does, and per the manual:

Shoot-thru hull
      "The DSI transducer can be epoxied to the hull for
      shoot-thru installations. This is not a recommended
      installation method since it significantly degrades
      DSI performance."

yakers have done it with other models and said image is fine. also remember, the are talking about shoot-thu a boat shell, which is significantly thicker than a yak. the best instalation obviously would be in contact with water, which i may do off the back.
      I have the Cuda 350 and I used a water well transducer setup with duct seal- that has been really good- even gives me water temps- the smaller screen is a bit hard to see but after a while you get used to it-
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

I have not seen the base map on this unit. However, some of the base maps are getting pretty good.

Comment

looks like it's being released around march 6 now
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X