February 11, 2011 Susky M&G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February 11, 2011 Susky M&G

I got to thinking about the whole paddling to lunch idea and although it sounds good in theory, it probably wouldn't really work since everyone will be fishing in their waders and the restaurant probably wouldn't want us there with our waders on.

Also, I'm not sure how many people really want to stop fishing for lunch. I'm fine with bringing my lunch on the water. So check out the poll and let me know.

Also, here is the list of people coming as of today:

Shadyfisher85 - In
    Chexone - In
    Ictalurus - Tentative
    wiljack78 - Tentative
    new2yaks11 - In
    MemoryMaker - In
    Moc - In
    Daddyg - Tentative
    Sun - In
    Yak Fish - In
    Chimo - In
    J.A. Veil - In
    PotomacTide - In
    Metroman - In
    KevinFry - In
    Mullet Miller - Tentative
    Rockchaser - In
    Edgewater (CHip Dodson) - In
    bigfluke45 - In
    loupa5 - In

Looks like we are going to have quite a turnout, the only problem is that Jean Roberts Park only has parking for about 8 or 9 vehicles w/out trailers. I know some people prefer to launch at Owens marina anyways, so please vote for your launching point above too.

Oops the second poll choice should be "bringing my lunch", not "bringing my launch" lol!
    Yes, I want to break for lunch and eat at Tidewater Grille.
    16.00%
    No, I'm fine with bringing my launch to eat on the water.
    36.00%
    I would like to launch at Jean Roberts memorial Park
    36.00%
    I will launch at Owens Marina.
    12.00%
    Last edited by Shady; 02-08-2012, 03:38 PM.
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

As far as launch goes, I noticed what appears to be a public launch just upriver from Owens... (See attached map). Does anybody know if this is a possibility for launching?

Mike S.
    Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
    3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

It's a public Launch but you might need a sticker or something ........ my buddy launches here when we go rockfishing ........ I'll check

Comment

http://www.perryvillemd.org/parks_recreation.html

can get daily permits for $5/day ........ first come first served on the parking

Comment

Ryan
          I voted to eat at the Restaurant but it didn't take

Comment

A lot of public ramps do not require a fee for cartop boat launching. I sent them an email to see if cartop boat launching requires a fee.
            Ryan
            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by shadyfisher85 View Post
              A lot of public ramps do not require a fee for cartop boat launching. I sent them an email to see if cartop boat launching requires a fee.
              Trust me ......... if you are parked w/o a permit you WILL get a ticket ........ they patrol it very regularly ......... at least that's what they said before

Comment

Even at $5, it's still $2 cheaper than Owens.
                Mike S.
                Hobie Outback
                Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
                3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

I called and they have free canoe/cartop launchat the park which is supposed to be at the other end of Perryville but I couldn't find it on the map

Comment

Jean Roberts park is free. A longer paddle, but not too bad. That's where we launched when we fished up there... it's on the other side of the river.

Comment

They do have a free launch in Perryville Community Park. The problem there is it doesn't open until 7:00 or 7:30AM. They close at official sunset and don't care if they lock you in. The park is located adjacent to the VA Hospital. It's a nice paddle, but if it's cold and blowing, your gonna regret it. I've used the Town ramp in past, it's worth the fee, and they do patrol regularly so your vehicles are relatively safe.

Comment

I've been to jean roberts on days when it's been full. I've had to park on the street and roll the kayak to the launch.

It'd be cool to pick a lunch time and maybe pull up to the shore of Garret Island for a break from bobbing around where we could discuss all the perch slaying that we'd done.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                        Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                        Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                        Kokatat Pro Staff
                        Torqeedo Pro Staff
                        Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
                        Alan

Comment

Another option is to eat at the restaurant for perch talk after we fish, or bring a lunch and eat at the island or or some other body of land that can hold all of us. If it becomes cold then people might prefer to eat inside for an hour after we fish.

Comment

Originally posted by moc View Post
                            Another option is to eat at the restaurant for perch talk after we fish, or bring a lunch and eat at the island or or some other body of land that can hold all of us. If it becomes cold then people might prefer to eat inside for an hour after we fish.
                            I'm down with that
                            14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                            2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Originally posted by moc View Post
                              I want a hot meal and a cold beer .......... not a cold meal and a hot beer ...... I'm in for the restaurant

Comment

Working...
                              X