Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Kokatat Pro Staff
    Torqeedo Pro Staff
    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
    Alan

Comment

I'm in. Where do you think we will launch from. I will have to google it and figure out how long it will take me to get there.
      Jim

Hobie Outback
      TKAA member
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

In.

I'm planning on launching from jean roberts
        <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Originally posted by MetroMan View Post
          In.

I'm planning on launching from jean roberts
          Same here.

Did we pick a time, or just whenever you feel like showing up...which would be fine so that no one sees all my awkward fumbling with my equipment until I get in the water

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Kokatat Pro Staff
          Torqeedo Pro Staff
          Humminbird Pro Staff

Alan

Comment

I'm still in and will just follow everyone elses lead on launch location and lunch.

Chimo

Comment

Has there been a final determination of where and when ...........

Comment

I'm still in also, does anyone know a good bait shop nearby or on the way?

Comment

Originally posted by bigfluke45 View Post
                  I'm still in also, does anyone know a good bait shop nearby or on the way?
                  A lot depends on where you are coming from. There is a very good local tackle shop in North East, MD called Herbs Tackle Shop. If you are coming from the south, it is a bit out of the way, but Ele, the co-owner and manager of the shop is all geared up for northern bay fishing. Her son, Mike Benjamin, runs yellow perch charters most days, so she may have some tips.
                  John Veil
                  Annapolis
                  Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Currently, the forecasted temps for saturday in Perryville look pretty stiff!
                    High of only 32 and low of 22! Eeek!

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USMD0312

In this case I think I will want a hot lunch. I made a reservation for approximately 15 people at Tidewater Grille at 1 pm. Hopefully, we will have some others that would like to get out of the cold for lunch.

The main launch point will be Jean Roberts Memorial Park. If folks would like to launch at other spots nearby feel free. I don't think the parking lot will be too crowded with people other than our group, but if it gets too full, there is the possibility of street parking as Yak fish mentioned.

Launch time will be around 9 am.

Looking forward to the plastic armada on the Susky!
                    Ryan
                    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

In the past few days, more reports of decent YP catches are coming in (see http://www.tidalfish.com/forums/show...Cindy-02-05-12). The successful anglers are not fishing the deep hole in front of the Perryville Owens condos but are looking for creek mouths.

I don't know if anyone in our group has much local knowledge of places to fish other than at Owens. We also should keep an eye on Conowingo Dam releases. Trying to fish from a kayak in a high flow condition is not practical or safe.
                      John Veil
                      Annapolis
                      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

remind me of launch time.......
                        14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                        2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
                          In the past few days, more reports of decent YP catches are coming in (see http://www.tidalfish.com/forums/show...Cindy-02-05-12). The successful anglers are not fishing the deep hole in front of the Perryville Owens condos but are looking for creek mouths.

I don't know if anyone in our group has much local knowledge of places to fish other than at Owens. We also should keep an eye on Conowingo Dam releases. Trying to fish from a kayak in a high flow condition is not practical or safe.
                          I thought I'd try a little recon mission and went to Joppatown to look for YP and crappie. I got there around 2 and fished to 6:30, getting awarded my first skunk in over a year...I had a nice productive streak going until then so I was a little angry with that. I had some gear issues which attributed to the skunk. I'd seen 2 guys fishing from shore who'd caught 3 each, 4 keepers. So the numbers aren't exactly there either. At least not that I could find. I fished in about 10' of water. Chalk it up as another data point.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                          Kokatat Pro Staff
                          Torqeedo Pro Staff
                          Humminbird Pro Staff

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Yak Fish View Post
                            I thought I'd try a little recon mission and went to Joppatown to look for YP and crappie. I got there around 2 and fished to 6:30, getting awarded my first skunk in over a year...I had a nice productive streak going until then so I was a little angry with that. I had some gear issues which attributed to the skunk. I'd seen 2 guys fishing from shore who'd caught 3 each, 4 keepers. So the numbers aren't exactly there either. At least not that I could find. I fished in about 10' of water. Chalk it up as another data point.
                            Did you make it up into the quarry? Atleast you tried...
                            Ryan
                            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by kevinfry View Post
                              remind me of launch time.......
                              9 am
                              Ryan
                              Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post

I know of a couple creek mouth type spots that could potentially be holding yellow perch right now, but problem one is I'm only speculated based on past experience and problem two is they are pretty skinny areas that would'nt really support the number of people we have potentially set to go to the M&G.

Thats being said, unless anyone has a definitive good spot nearby, I think we should still go to the Susky, we can fish shallower water there and hopefully some people get into some nice catfish too..
                                Ryan
                                Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
                                X