Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying a new boat - What do you guys think of the Wilderness Ride 135 Angler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to agree with those talking about the Malibu kayaks. They seem to be really nice. We have the Stealth 12 at the store, but the Stealth 14 would really be great. They would fit a larger kayaker very well. I like the built in livewell.

Comment

Annapolis Canoe and Kayak has a used WS Tarpon for $530. I saw the boat a week ago and it looks like its in great shape.
      Hobie PA 12

Comment

Originally posted by DOGFISH View Post
        I have to agree with those talking about the Malibu kayaks. They seem to be really nice. We have the Stealth 12 at the store, but the Stealth 14 would really be great. They would fit a larger kayaker very well. I like the built in livewell.
        I have to say, i have a perception caster as well. The malibu steath is alot nicer as far as getting your arse out of the water. In the process now of rigging it up and have been itching to get and fish.
        Malibu Stealth 14
        Perception Caster 12.5

Comment

I've had a Ride 135 for several years and really like it for shallow water and bridge fishing. It's rock stable and handles well without a rudder. I certainly would recommend this kayak.

Other yaks to compare to the new Ride 135 are the OK Prowler Trident and Jackson Cuda . Each has great features, including stability and easy paddling. Have fun deciding!

Comment

Hey Meado,

I have been itching to get down to the Occoquan on the Kayak. I stumbled up on some guys catching BIG Crappie from the Dock at the State Park about a month ago and it looks like a great place to kayak. Let me know if you have any other plans to get out there and want some company. Did you get out over the weekend?
            Last edited by Polar Rock; 02-02-2012, 07:53 AM.
            Ivory Mirage Outback
            Blue Mirage Sport

Comment

Plan to fish the docks Saturday 10-3 ish. Feel free to come join my brother and I we would love to meet you.

Meadeo
              2012 135 Wilderness Systems Angler

Comment

To add another boat to the list, I love my Native Watercraft Manta Ray 14. It has a very comfortable seat that keeps my butt dry, yet is still very stable and incredibly roomy. Native also makes a Manta Ray 12 that is shorter and slightly wider. A fishing buddy of mine bought one several years ago and he loves it.

There are lots of options out there. It pays to do a bit of homework and try to sit in several models before buying. Even better is to paddle several models if you can find a seller or shop that allows you to do that.
                John Veil
                Annapolis
                Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

So i purchased the 135 ride. I am very happy with its performance today and the room it has.. Going from a 10 to a 135 is a big leap. Thanks for all the great feedback.

Meadeo
                  2012 135 Wilderness Systems Angler

Comment

There are a lot of 230 (+) lbs. guys on this forum- Congratulations on your Ride
                    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
                    X