No announcement yet.

march meet & greet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody caught any stripers recently near Jonas Green?
    Mike S.
    Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
    3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Originally posted by chexone View Post
      Anybody caught any stripers recently near Jonas Green?
      I tried jigging on the old bridge deck debris several times in late Jan and early Feb without any of the bites I had gotten at the end of Dec. I paddled over the debris looking at the sonar for obvious fish marks. There are all sorts of shapes from the bridge debris and other items that may have snagged over the years, but I did not see any marks that clearly were fish. I got snagged myself several times. After several trips in a row of no fish and plenty of snagging, I stopped trying recently.

However, others may want to spend a few minutes looking at the debris and the bridge pilings. There are also some oyster shells beds planted by DNR nearby. The map attached below shows their locations.
      Attached Files
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Cant wait! Ill head back from Salisbury on friday evening. Hoping for good weather!
        -Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
        -Heritage FeatherLite 12

Comment

Unfortunately, now I will not be able to make the M&G this weekend. Hope all that go catch a bunch of those wily linesiders!
          Ryan
          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
            I tried jigging on the old bridge deck debris several times in late Jan and early Feb without any of the bites I had gotten at the end of Dec. ... However, others may want to spend a few minutes looking at the debris and the bridge pilings. There are also some oyster shells beds planted by DNR nearby. The map attached below shows their locations.
            Thanks for the info and the map.

Shady, bummer
            Mike S.
            Hobie Outback

Comment

I won't be able to make it either, but I will be at Backyard Boats in Eastport working. So if anyone needs anything stop on in!!

Comment

I think I might come up to join you. Its kind of a trip for me so I may go with something closer. I dont have a roof rack yet either so I have the universal foam blocks that I dont really trust. If I dont make it, have fun. Ive never fished pickerel.
                -Jon
                Revo 13

Comment

I'll be there. I use to use the foam pads all the time until I got my Thule rack. Just make sure that you tie everthing down.

Comment

I'll be there. It'll be my last shot at a nice pickerel for the contest. What time are we starting?
                    Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
                    Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Originally posted by ictalurus View Post
                      I'll be there. It'll be my last shot at a nice pickerel for the contest. What time are we starting?
                      Oh no... Mr. Bill is coming. I better get my anti skunk potion out.

Comment

Just so Im not "that guy". Everything is C&R ? Ill have to pick up a MD license if I plan to make the trip. One more question. Is that area still freshwater?
                        -Jon
                        Revo 13

Comment

Booo.. working til 7am the 12th... have to catch ya'll another time.

Comment

I'll meet you guys @ Griffins .......... still working on that Sinus infection ........ if it's gone I'll be there fishing ....... just not 100% yet ..... will have some keychains and stickers from Hook 1
                            Last edited by Memory Maker; 03-07-2012, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jsnyd86 View Post
                              Everything is C&R ?
                              Whatever MD regulations are (http://www.dnr.state.md.us/fisheries...l&Region=Tidal), so stripers are C&R, pickerel are good at 14" until 3/14, but there are some good reasons for letting them go (they're apparently just making it back into the Severn creeks this year), perch are fair game over 9" (8" for WP), catfish over 10".

Ill have to pick up a MD license if I plan to make the trip.
                              Get one online here: https://www2.md.wildlifelicense.com/

One more question. Is that area still freshwater?
                              Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it should be brackish around there.
                              Mike S.
                              Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by chexone View Post
                                Whatever MD regulations are (http://www.dnr.state.md.us/fisheries...l&Region=Tidal), so stripers are C&R, pickerel are good at 14" until 3/14, but there are some good reasons for letting them go (they're apparently just making it back into the Severn creeks this year), perch are fair game over 9" (8" for WP), catfish over 10".

Get one online here: https://www2.md.wildlifelicense.com/

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it should be brackish around there.
                                Thanks, sorry for the ignorance. I wasnt to sure if the C&R was a group decision or due to the tourny. I may give away anything Im able to keep if I make it over. Im going out of town that next day so I wont have time to harvest.
                                -Jon
                                Revo 13

Comment

Working...
                                X