No announcement yet.

PLO/St Jeromes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What time do you plan on getting to Buzz's?

Comment

meeting in crofton sounds good to me.
      Jason

Comment

6am. High tide at PLO is 6:12am so a 6am start would be good. Gonna be a challenge to get on the road at 4am!

Comment

Matt,
          I'll be in OC from Sat. to Sat (7/17-24).

Michael

Comment

CB sometime around 6 and hang till 7 or so. checked the fishing report from christy at Buzzs; rock and flounder at cornfield harbor and St Jeromes, 2-3 lbs blues evrywhere also croaker. looks like spro bucktails and gold kastmasters. yahoo
            Last edited by surfdog; 07-14-2010, 06:01 PM.

Comment

so far it looks like longislandtomd, jffoley, CB, myself, Atlantaking and maybe 1obxnut heading to Buzz's on sat. did i leave anybody out? this is getting interesting there are some ringers here i know it i forgot Ictalurus and wjzink. ok 7 or 8 so far too bad Joe, Redfish12 and dhmjd cant make it. compitition is getting pretty tough better sharpen your hooks. Christy will freak when all the yaks pull in to Buzz's
              Last edited by surfdog; 07-14-2010, 07:52 PM.

Comment

there are two yakers on tidalfish that fish that area also, ictalaryus (or something like that) and another fellow. i might see if they can make it.
                Jason

Comment

Sounds like the plastic navy is assembling a respectable flotilla for this one. Should be fun. Right now, NOAA is saying SW winds to 10kt, chance of showers and 2ft waves:
                  http://forecast.weather.gov/shmrn.ph...534&syn=anz500

Are we doing the $5 pool or tackle grab bag? I mostly C&R. Will digital pics count?

I'm thinking to be done once the tide runs out. What's everyone's plan for quitting time?

Comment

I'm jealous guys! I wish I could make it!
                    Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                    Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                    https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Jffoley, did you just post the weather report?! Posting the weather report for a trip is the equivalent of a banana on a boat! Its the thing we dont talk about. Something like La Costra Nostra. We all know its out there, we just dont talk about it. Just kidding.

The weather is a little more aggressive than I would prefer, but Im still going. My understanding of the area is that it is reasonably protected such that we dont have to take a beating.

I think that digital photos are preferred (with a shot of the fish on the measuring tape.) Not everyone has a digital camera that they are willing to bring on the yak, so if you dont have one, the honor code is in force.

Im guessing that there will be four species to target:

1. Fluke/Flounder
                      2. Bluefish
                      3. Striped Bass/Rockfish
                      4. Croaker

Quitting time: Around the time the tide turns sounds good to me.

I didn't count white perch or spot.
                      Jason

Comment

i wish i could make it also. i have bday party in the afternoon so i think i could make it. ill probably just head out to the bridge in the morning. let us know how you guys do.
                        Hobie Revolution 13
                        Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Yikes! Did not know that protocol. Sorry Tom!! I do know bananas and boats don't mix. I've always got an eye on the weather when planning an outing. As I'm sure everyone here does. I shall keep it to myself from here forward!

La Costa Nostra? What's that? I'm from Staten Island. Never heard of it.

Comment

thats good for me. what time is that?

GS my wife told me a woman she works with went out crabing on thier boat and got a 8" CRAB they entered it in a contest that pays 650 for biggest crab! they were also getting a lot of 7"ers, magothy i think

a $5 anty sounds good. if you dont have a camera give a shout someone will be close. if i get a keeper flounder sorry its in my belly!
                            Last edited by surfdog; 07-15-2010, 05:16 PM.

Comment

12:38 is low tide at PNP...

8" crab! Nice!!!

Comment

Add me as a maybe, have to go somewhere or deal with this list my wife keeps waving in front of me.

Comment

Working...
                                X