No announcement yet.

Kiptopeke, VA Tog Fishing 4/7-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dont' be afraid to throw your bait into the holes in the ship for togs. If you have enough room to lift your rod up to set the hook inside the hole, you can drag it out to land one.

Comment

Originally posted by dson05 View Post
      New to the Kayak fishing scene. My friend and I both just got ourselves kayaks. Wanting to grow into the craze. He and I actually planned a trip down there and I just noticed that some of you will be there this weekend. Hopefully you guys might be able to give us a few pointers while we are there. I honestly don't even know what gear I should have on board. I'm thinking of flounder fishing and maybe attempting tog (never tried). I think I will probably over pack my gear, but hopefully I will be able to weed out the things I don't need. If you guys notice an guy on an Ocean Kayak Prowler Trident 13 thats me.

If you guys have any tips for flounders let me know. Anything would help. Flounders and croakers are our main goal for the weekend but as I mentioned we have never tog fished but would love to try.

We are taking off from college park, md at 4 pm. We are camping at the park for the night. Us being newbs we may have to start in the morning.
      Look forward to seeing you there. I plan to target Tog exclusively for the most part, but if you all catch some croaker I may give that a try as well.

Comment

Working...
      X