May Meet and Greet/MKF Cook-out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John -

I am planning to attend and will bring a dessert (cookies or brownies). I have been sidelined for the past week recuperating from some medical work. The doctor gave me a green light to resume exercising as long as I avoid heavy lifting, so Sat should be my first time back in the kayak this month.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Gonna do my best to make it ........... will bring soda ........... may need to do some rigging while I'm there .......... will also bring the cork .....Gary says he wants 100 pieces ......... if you can have my order there then we can git r done .........

Comment

People who said they are coming to the M&G:

Daddyg
        CB Kayak 02
        Metroman
        Surfdog
        Moc - Soda
        Finaddict
        Nay_sayer
        MOHAWK135
        J.A. Veil - Cookies or Brownies (I had this guy in mind when I mentioned cookies in the needs)

Unconfirmed maybe:

Archeryrob
        Yakersaltlife
        AnimalPA
        Memory Maker - Soda

People who were coming but their old lady decided that Verizon Fios was more important and so they must keep their old lady happy:

Shadyfisher85 (don't feel bad, I wouldn't trust the Fios guy either)

If you are on the list and not coming, not on the list and are coming, or some other discrepancy, let me know and I will correct it.

Comment

I'll bring some chips, what time we planning on launching?

Comment

Originally posted by shadyfisher85 View Post
            ok, the old lady wants me to stay home to keep an eye on the FIOS guy....
            happy wife, happy life

Comment

I am planning on making it, at least to fish. I have some relatives that are coming in to DC that afternoon and want me to meet them there. Hopefully by tomorrow or friday I'll have a better idea of their plans.

Comment

Bummed!

I travel a majority of the time for work and the boss just crushed my plan and is sending me out west real early Sat morning for a two day trip. I am so bummed I won't be able to fish and M&G Sat
                2010 Hobie ProAngler

Comment

Count me in! Looking forward to it.
                  Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
                    Gonna do my best to make it ........... will bring soda ........... may need to do some rigging while I'm there .......... will also bring the cork .....Gary says he wants 100 pieces ......... if you can have my order there then we can git r done .........
                    You better make it.. I expect you to catch the biggest fish.....again.

Comment

You can mark me (Rob) and Turtle135 (Dave) as coming. Dave does not post but he's had his mug on here fishing with Dan Marino. He was at the Mattawoman snakehead raid if any of you all went.

How about a telling us what you want us to bring or everyone will show up with a 2 litter bottle of soda and a bag of chips.
                      "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

Originally posted by archeryrob View Post
                        ...everyone will show up with a 2 litter bottle of soda and a bag of chips.
                        So true Can you bring fryer oil and can Turtle135 bring a side dish (BBQ beans or something)?

If you have a folding or camp chair please bring it. There is a liquor/beer store and a Dash In right near my house if we are missing anything.

Confirmed:

Daddyg
                        CB Kayak 02 - Chips
                        Metroman
                        Surfdog - Fryer and Propane, cooking skills
                        Moc - Soda, breading/seasoning for fish
                        Finaddict
                        Nay_sayer
                        MOHAWK135
                        J.A. Veil - Cookies or Brownies
                        Archeryrob
                        Turtle135
                        Bigfluke45

Maybe:

Yakersaltlife
                        Memory Maker - Soda

Comment

Originally posted by moc View Post
                          You better make it.. I expect you to catch the biggest fish.....again.
                          Martin ............ not so sure about the fishin .......... more of a shake down ....... second time the Memory Maker will be in the H2O ....... 1st time rigged ....... well mostly rigged .......... will have the engine, all the mounts, SI/DI DF w/side mount, H Bar etc ......... have to do the adjustments and install the anchor trolley. Will leave the Gunn All and the rigging lights till later ......... Besides there's a cold front moving in ....... 41 degrees in the AM .... Brrrrrr .....

Gotta be done cause I have to go to CBBT next weekend ......... again the invitation is open ....... leave early Friday and come back on Sunday .......

Comment

I will bring a side item. Potato salad...that cool?
                            <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Originally posted by nay_sayer View Post
                              So true Can you bring fryer oil
                              Whoa there, that shait is like $40 for fill a turkey frier and I will never use it again. I want a redress on something else. See, I open my mouth too early all the time.

I sent your request to Turtle.
                              "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

Originally posted by archeryrob View Post
                                Whoa there, that shait is like $40 for fill a turkey frier and I will never use it again. I want a redress on something else. See, I open my mouth too early all the time.

I sent your request to Turtle.
                                lol, that's why I didn't want to assign anything to anyone. You and Turtle135 could split it and he could skip the side dish?!?! For the record, I didn't know it was that much. No wonder people aren't volunteering to bring it.

Does anyone who is coming have any peanut oil they could bring?

I don't think we need as much oil as we would need for a turkey fryer. I know that at least one of the fryers has a smaller pan for frying fish.

You could also get canola oil instead (about $8 a gallon at Target, we would need 2 maybe).

Before someone verbally smacks me for the canola oil instead of peanut oil comment, remember I don't eat fish so I have no idea what the difference is in taste. I looked up fish-frying oil on Google and canola oil was the alternative to peanut oil.

METROMAN- Side dish is cool, I am getting potato salad but yours may be different. I think whatever you bring will be eaten.

Comment

Working...
                                X