bay bridge kayak fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bay bridge kayak fishing

hey just started salt water fishing on the kayak so i just wanted to see if anyone was going around the bay bridge area any time soon to see if i could go with you or meet you out there

Still deciding on Bay Bridge or PLO for stripers on Saturday. I launch at 6 am.
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

well if u decide the bridge let me know cuz i should be able to come and if you wouldnt mine telln me what baits are you using?

Comment

I don't use bait, but you can use bloodworms, blue crab, spot and other cut bait. I cast and jig jigheads with bkds, Gulp mullets, grub worms, and other plastics along the bridge pilings. I launch off G-dock in the Bay Bridge Marina. Do a search on "G dock" on the forum and you'll find info on it. You can also launch off SPSP.

Comment

cool i got a couple jigheads so ill try n pick up some gulp mullets but ya just let me no if u go to the bridge

Comment

Looks like a southern MD trip for me Tuf-
            "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
            2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
            "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
            Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Ron,
              Are you going to troll the deep channel at PLO? I'm thinking of doing the same. I also want to check out the croakers there, not to mention doing some bucktail dragging for flounder.

Comment

Mind if I join you guys whether plo or bb. Either is fine for me.I've just started up to. Trying to get as much Hal time as I can to learn spots and techniques.
                The best time spent is time that doesn't feel like it was spent at all. When it's worth it you'll give everything to do it all over again no matter what the cost.

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
                  Ron,
                  Are you going to troll the deep channel at PLO? I'm thinking of doing the same. I also want to check out the croakers there, not to mention doing some bucktail dragging for flounder.
                  Either that or St. J's creek, Tuff...depending on the winds...I am allergic to winds over 30 knots in my kayak after last Sunday on the coast....it beat the dog do do out of me- no fun at all...hopefully the winds won't be a factor and- if that is the case, PLO is a go...anyone wanting to join in is welcome...Saturday should be a zoo with the opening day of trophy season....folks will be out in droves...any schools working the surface will be run over by the fast movers...deep divers and parachutes will be the order of the day...
                  "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                  2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                  "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                  Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

For PLO, wx forecast is mostly sunny w/ temp in the 70's with 20% chance of rain. SSE winds 5-10 mph.

Looks like I'm leaning toward PLO, but I'll wait to check the forecast again on Friday. Can't wait to try my alabama rig.

Whitt,
                    Why not join us? If you haven't been there, I can show you the ropes. Ample parking with a nice launch area. If you decide on BB, good luck.

Kevin?

Comment

whats plo and sure ill go but idk if ill have a chance to pick up more rigs n stuff i got a couple buck tails and i think 2 more jigs but ya let me now where when and time.....thanks

Comment

i think i posted a 2nd time but sure ill go but whats plo and idk if i have time to get more rigs n all but i got a couple jigs and buck tails but let me no when where and directions

Comment

Not to sound dumb, but what is PLO ?

Comment

PLO=Point Lookout State park

It is in St. MAry's county

Comment

Also a heads up for those maybe thinking of fishing at the bay bridge from G dock. It may not be accessible as this weekend is the BAY BRIDGE MARINA Boat Show. NOt 100% sure but jsut a heads up

Comment

Working...
                              X