No announcement yet.

Anyone fish the reopened flats today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm kicking myself for not going on Wednesday, winds appeared to be relatively light, not many days are like that.

I see from the USGS river flow site that Conowingo opened a couple of flood gates Wednesday night at mid-night, and they are still open as I type. Conowingo may be generating full-bore 24/7 for the next few days. That means muddy water will get to the Flats faster. So expect a lot of water thats well off color, maybe down right muddy. Dang, I shoulda gone yesterday.
    Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

When I got there Wednesday, there was a cluster of boats on the south end of the flats, but I headed out toward the flats more. I was the only one there for about 15 minutes then boats surrounded me and I felt trapped and could not troll like I usually do.

------------------ ,__
      ------------------ | `'.
      __---------- |`-._/_.:---`-.._
      \='.-------_/..--'`__ ----- `'-._
      -\- '-.--"` ----- === ----- / - o `',
      - )= (-----------------.-- | ----- _.'
      -/_=.'-._------------ {=_-_ | -- .-`-.
      /_.'--- `\`'-._------- '-= - \ -- _.'
      -------- )- _.-'`'-..------ _..-'`
      ------- /_.' ------ `/";';`|
      -------------------- \` .'/
      --------------------- '--'

Comment

I'll be heading out Saturday morning if anyone wants to join. I'll be launching from Millard Tydings Memorial Park around 7am. Forecast looks like its going to be great.

PM me if anyone wants to join.
        Dave
        2013 Hobie Revolution 11

MMIG

Comment

The water is definitely muddy, there were no boats fishing the flats that I could see in the area straight out from Roberts park or within eyesight in any direction. There were bass boats fishing closer to shore, so I went closer in and tried for LMB. Had a good hit but didn't hook up.
          Mike

2015 Hidden Oak Slayer Propel 10

Comment

thanks for the heads up. hopefully it will clear up a bit in the next 2 days. heading out at 530am at Tydings park if anyone wants to join
            Dave
            2013 Hobie Revolution 11

MMIG

Comment

Just returned from my attempt this morning...the wind was howling at around 645 when I got to the water and the open bay was essentially unfishable from the yak due to white caps on big swells...I caught a striper within 20 minutes of being out there but came straight in after that. Downright dangerous at times. Oh yeah and the water is getting quite muddy.

Called an audible and went to Lums pond in Delaware. 6 nice bass (4 on top water) and 5 crappie...saved the day

Comment

Crossed the dam twice today, at 1030 hrs they had 2 gates open and again at 1530 hrs at which time they had opened a third. The water above was looking pretty brown as well. F.Y.I.
                Yellow WS Ride 135
                Sand WS Tarpon 100

Comment

Working...
                X