No announcement yet.

Aug 14 Meet & Greet - Gameplan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are pictures from yesterday. If anyone wants any pitures in their full size just send me a message with your email address.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hey it was great meeting everybody!! I will definitely try to be at next months, I never did get my food but the bartender just kept giving me free beers. What a day fish all morning and drink in the afternoon!! I thought I was in disneyland!!

Comment

[QUOTE=tj06sti;2539]Oh no! Sucks about that broken rod! I lost one in the drink today in the process of fighting a fish out of the pylons. I will start using rod leashes again I think... Heres pictures of Chuck's two big fish, wish I had broken out my camera more often, there's always next time though. Great day to be out and awesome to see that plastic armada. We were using 6/0 Circles with 1oz egg sinkers and a foot to two feet 25lb Fluro leader. I had a lot of Spot grabbed and killed without hook up before finding the larger fish. Only two lost to blues oddly, soon as I got away from the Pylons. Quote]

i was using 2oz flat sinker in the snap swivel with 2' of 25 lbs flouro. leader next time ill try the egg sinker. i was only in 18' of water next time ill go deeper also.

Comment

Im sorry that I miss you guys out there, looks like a good turn out (how many ppl?) Im down here in Florida yak fishing in the gulf and having a blast. Tight lines to you all.
          '12 Ocean Kayak Prowler trident 13 Orange
          '09 Wilderness Systems Ride 135 Red
          Kayak Fishing Mafia

-Both fish and men are often caught with artificial's-

Comment

[QUOTE=surfdog;2554]
            Originally posted by tj06sti View Post
            Oh no! Sucks about that broken rod! I lost one in the drink today in the process of fighting a fish out of the pylons. I will start using rod leashes again I think... Heres pictures of Chuck's two big fish, wish I had broken out my camera more often, there's always next time though. Great day to be out and awesome to see that plastic armada. We were using 6/0 Circles with 1oz egg sinkers and a foot to two feet 25lb Fluro leader. I had a lot of Spot grabbed and killed without hook up before finding the larger fish. Only two lost to blues oddly, soon as I got away from the Pylons. Quote]

i was using 2oz flat sinker in the snap swivel with 2' of 25 lbs flouro. leader next time ill try the egg sinker. i was only in 18' of water next time ill go deeper also.
            I was using a 3/4 ounce egg weight on the main line, swivel, then about 4 feet of 40 lb mono or 4 feet of 15 lb flouro. The flouro had more hits, but the 40 definitely held up better. I lost a few good fish on the 15lb and switched. I try to get up inside the pilings and then drop my line to the bottom, reel up 3 or so times and then open the spool with the clicker on. 2 times on Saturday I had a fish on before I could put the reel back in gear. I was using 4/0 circle hooks.

Again, I had a great time and I just had an awesome dinner! I forgot my camera in the car, so no action shots from me. Glad you guys had yours though!

Here's my 30.5"

Rock bite

Fillets

Dinner!
            Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
            Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
            https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Sorry i wasnt able to attend but i will defintely see you guys the next time. sounds like you guys had a great time. anybody skunk? love the pics
              sigpic

Comment

Nice fish, Michael! You got live lining dialed in for sure.

We had an awesome turnout. 17 or 18 guys. The plastic navy was out in force! Good time. Definitely looking forward to the September group outing!

John

Comment

Ah A fine case of striper thumb = a good day on the water.

I'm starvin now looking at those pic's.

I'm going to have to try adding weight next time and commando fish the pylons

I was pitching unweighted baits up current of the pylons and letting it drift into them. It works but takes a few pitches to get the drift right. You also have to watch the line as more times than not you don't even feel the take because the line slack created.

Comment

Hey gents,

It was excellent meeting everyone. Hanging out at the bar was as entertaining as the fishing. Here are some pics I had:

My camera, while waterproof, apparently can't focus on anything if water is near by. Anyway, it was cool seeing nice fish like that caught in the summer. I think the yakkers definitely out-fished the boaters I saw. I've got to work on my jigging hook-set because I lost a couple fish on the way up, but they definitely weren't that big. Anyhow, I'm looking forward to doing it again.
                    Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
                    Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Awesome job guys....thats one fat fish Redfish! Wish I could of been out there but already had a commitment. Will definitely be at the next one. I'm glad there was a good turnout.

BTW....I ordered stickers for the website so ill be giving each member 2 free stickers. Ill let you guys know when I get them in.
                      Hobie Revolution 13
                      Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

I had a great time meeting everyone. Thanks for setting up this meeting of kayak anglers. I would definitely do it again.

My memory is so bad, maybe we can make a section on the site where everyone can post a picture of themselves with their YAK and their online name, so we can all remember each other everytime we get together.

Comment

Wallet Card Feedback

Guys, the consensus on the wallet card seemed to be to eliminate the home & work phone # columns. And just keep name, cell # & email address. Any other feedback?

If anyone else wants to be included on it send me your contact info...

Stickers will be cool. Thanks GS!

John

Comment

I can't believe i missed this. They say happy wife, happy life and you have to prioritize but damn it.

It looks like I owe Redfish the lure of his choice. I like to make good on my bets. I can send it out to you in the mail or i can give it to you at the next meet n greet.
                            Jason

Comment

Hi John, I might recommend a column saying whether it is okay to text message or not, that's my only thought.

TJ

Originally posted by jffoley View Post
                              Guys, the consensus on the wallet card seemed to be to eliminate the home & work phone # columns. And just keep name, cell # & email address. Any other feedback?

If anyone else wants to be included on it send me your contact info...

Stickers will be cool. Thanks GS!

John

Comment

Originally posted by longislandtomd View Post
                                I can't believe i missed this. They say happy wife, happy life and you have to prioritize but damn it.

It looks like I owe Redfish the lure of his choice. I like to make good on my bets. I can send it out to you in the mail or i can give it to you at the next meet n greet.
                                I wasn't the winner, the winning fish was 33'' and went to a guy named Chuck (the picture is further back in the thread). So no need to send me the lure... unless you really want to and in that case I accept! I caught a large fish but it was so covered in sores I didn't even want to take it out of the water. I cut the line instead of removing the hook from it's mouth it was so bad. Only fish I caught all day covered in sores though so that was good.

@ Grilled Sardine - Thanks for having the stickers made! Think they'll hold up to the salt abuse we put our yaks through?
                                Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                                Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                                https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X