No announcement yet.

June meet and greet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone can host a meet and greet. Typically in the past is been someone who is familiar with that area That everyone would be fishing at. Both newbies and long time Members have done it.

Comment

Originally posted by kitkatyaker View Post
      Dsmero is there a specific place to launch from? I hope to be there around 09:00. Matt I wish you a speedy recovery.
      I'll be there super early Saturday morning, probably around 5. Its about a 3 hour drive for me so I'm staying Friday and Saturday night in a hotel. Will probably fish friday night, saturday morning and saturday night. Here's where I was told to launch from

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Point...tland,+MD&z=20
      Dave
      2013 Hobie Revolution 11

MMIG

Comment

Also, if anyone wants my number feel free to send me a PM.
        Dave
        2013 Hobie Revolution 11

MMIG

Comment

Originally posted by nay_sayer View Post
          Come on sissy, throw a piece of duct tape over it and get yer a$$ out there on the water!
          ........ but leave the hand at home .......

Comment

Originally posted by CB kayak 02 View Post
            The Funniest part about that is I actually work in a Mental Health Unit at a hospital. So I got that question to from all my co-workers haha
            Ahhhh ....... so one DID fly over the Cuckoo's nest ...........

Comment

I'm planning on heading down there on Saturday. I'd be down for a more informal meet and greet. After driving all the way there, I'd rather just fish all day than go anywhere to eat.

Comment

Originally posted by dsmero View Post
                I'll be there super early Saturday morning, probably around 5. Its about a 3 hour drive for me so I'm staying Friday and Saturday night in a hotel. Will probably fish friday night, saturday morning and saturday night. Here's where I was told to launch from

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Point...tland,+MD&z=20
                There is a better launch (same place we had last year's M&G) with good parking. It's past the pay booth, after Lake Conoy (on the right), but before the fishing pier entrance (on the left). As you drive down the road, turn right (Potomac side) into the store/marina area. Has a small sandy/grassy launch area for yaks. For you trailer folks, you need to launch off the boat ramp, which is about 100 yards from the yak launch. I think you access that area from the main road. Look at mapquest.

After you exit the inlet via your yak, you're in Cornfield Harbor.

Good luck!
                Last edited by tufnik; 06-07-2012, 05:52 PM.
                2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

I hope to be there Saturday but not possitive yet.

I launch from the yak launch next to the store. It is free were as the boat ramp is $10.00 even for yaks.

If I make it, I plan to be there by 7:30 I need to be off the water by 3:00 for evening festivities.
                  Jim

Hobie Outback
                  TKAA member
                  Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

I am swamped at work, but I will set up meal reservations at Spinnakers if that is what people want to do!
                    14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Originally posted by kevinfry View Post
                      I am swamped at work, but I will set up meal reservations at Spinnakers if that is what people want to do!
                      I'm in for some food and brews.
                      Dave
                      2013 Hobie Revolution 11

MMIG

Comment

Good news----plo croakers

Was at Buzz's today. Last night they caught lots of LARGE craoker close to shore. Hope they stick around
                        14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                        2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

I am a solid 2 1/2 hours away from plo so I guess I'll see you guys on the water; but I will be there too. I wouldn't mind an informal m&g. The ride home might be a little tough after the heat and humidity. I am looking forward to meeting you guys to swap ideas and such..
                          see you Sat.

Ps: If Moc and/or Tufnik are reading this, it was nice meeting you guys too.
                          Thanks for the feed back.
                          2015 Outback
                          2016 Outback LE

GO PATRIOTS !!!

Comment

I am 2.5 hours away and I have been there almost every weekend for the last 2 months I think. It'll be worth it. I've only had 1 bad weekend with nothing and that was only because I wasn't there very long and arrived at the wrong time.

I will be there camping friday through Sunday morning. I am meeting Dsmero already. A friend (blue hobie odyssey) and I (orange Ocean Kayak Prowler Trident 13) should be out on the water the majority of the whole weekend. Looking forward to seeing you guys out there.
                            The best time spent is time that doesn't feel like it was spent at all. When it's worth it you'll give everything to do it all over again no matter what the cost.

Comment

I’ll be there. Hope to launch at the kayak launch by the store between 7-730. I’m meeting Moc at Wawa off rt 4 (10205 Kirksville Ln, Dunkirk, MD 20754) at 0515-0530 then heading in to PLO.
                              Don
                              2012 Hobie Revo 13'
                              2012 Hobie PA12'

Comment

Yes, I will be down there meeting Don on the way for an early morning launch. So how many of you will be on the water to meet up with at PLO? Did Kevin Fry make any reservations for lunch out of the heat? Are you going Kevin?

Comment

Working...
                                X