No announcement yet.

September 7-9th Super Meet and Great - 2nd Annual CBKA Kayak Fishing Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September 7-9th Super Meet and Great - 2nd Annual CBKA Kayak Fishing Tournament

Hurry and Register for the CBKA Tournament September 7-9, before prices go up! Tell all of your kayak friends. Registration is currently $55 per person, but will go up to $70 per person on August 15th. The countdown begins. Save $15 and register NOW!

New this year is a crabbing division (three crabbing prize levels). Back again by popular demand is the Raffle with thousands of dollars of donated goodies, such as rods, lures, and even a kayak all provided by our generous sponsors to benefit our charity. There is also a female kayak prize and an under 18 years old youth prize. We have even opened up our launching options to include all Kent Island public launches in addition to Camp Wright.

Feel free to visit our website for more information on the rules and to register for theTournament at www.cbkainc.com . Also, post any questions that you will like answered about the tournament in this thread for all to see, even for our new MKF members who may not be aware of the tournament.

We have over 800 members now on MKF, so let's sign up and make this CBKA Tournament even bigger than last year. Remember it is all for charity (and you can get great prizes too).
    Attached Files
    Last edited by moc; 08-08-2012, 10:51 PM.

I am registered and waiting at the gate!!

How many are registered so far?

Comment

Moc, what charity are we supporting this year?
      14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
      2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Originally posted by kevinfry View Post
        Moc, what charity are we supporting this year?
        Beneficiaries are the Make-a-Wish Foundation of the Mid-Atlantic and the Coastal Conservation Association of MD (CCA).

Comment

Registered! Haven't been on the bay yet in the yak, the tourney will be my first time out on the bay!
          Jeff B
          Perception Sport 12.5 Caster

Comment

You should be fine. Camp Wright has a nice free sandy beach launch for all of our participants. If you choose to launch from a "Kent Island Public Launch", be sure to get your Queen Anne parking pass from a local tackle shop on Friday afternoon. The day pass is good for 24 hours. The day pass costs $10 for Maryland Residents and $15 for out of state Residents. You do not have to worry about a pass if you launch from Camp Wright.

Comment

Originally posted by russ498 View Post
              I am registered and waiting at the gate!!

How many are registered so far?
              We have 40 registrations. With another month to go we expect a few more. Plenty of room!!

Comment

The Southern Maryland delegation is headed north- farthest north I have fished is Mattawoman Creek- hope the fish can speak southern-
                "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Can't wait! With the low salinity in the bay this year and some strange upper bay catches such as red drum, flounder and even black drum, have there been any thoughts on a division for largest other fish?
                  Ryan
                  Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                  Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by shadyfisher85 View Post
                    Can't wait! With the low salinity in the bay this year and some strange upper bay catches such as red drum, flounder and even black drum, have there been any thoughts on a division for largest other fish?
                    Or better yet, "Most species caught"?
                    14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Originally posted by kevinfry View Post
                      Or better yet, "Most species caught"?
                      We may have some kind of special category like that per the directors discretion that will be announced at the captains meeting. But for now we will advertise the main competitive divisions...

Comment

I found the most species category at TKAA to be a nice addition, we'll talk it over!
                        Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                        Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                        https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

I kind of like that idea too.... the most species caught.

Comment

For those of us who opted for bunking in at Camp Wright- I have never been, so information on what we should bring would be helpful- pillow, bedding? Coolers, food, beverages? etc.
                            "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                            2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                            "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                            Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

I am not sure but I would say yes to everything that you said. I will let someone else chime in on this. If you tent, then it is the usual things that you would use when you camping in the woods. I do have two pictures of the cabin areas, but not of the inside.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X