No announcement yet.

2012 CBKA Tournament Recap....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was perfect. The guy didn't even own a kayak. I was unaware of that. Congratulations on the win.

Comment

Originally posted by On the fly View Post
      Another great event! Great to have one so close and it really has picked up interest. Thanks to CBKA for all the time and effort getting this together. If any one has never been involved in setting something like this up they have no idea all the time and effort to do so. Thanks again.

Harry
      +1 to that...THANK YOU to all that put it together. I do see a problem next year double what was there this year. Where gone a need a bigger boat. Thank agan Great time
      Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
      Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by daddyg View Post
        +1 to that...THANK YOU to all that put it together. I do see a problem next year double what was there this year. Where gone a need a bigger boat. Thank agan Great time
        We're gonna need a bigger parking lot! Especially with trailers. I don't recall any trailers last year. Overflow parking is along the entrance road. You might have noticed the white tent on the way in. Not a short walk. We'll have to run a shuttle! LOL!

Comment

Thanks to everyone who went in to making the Tournament possible. After looking at the forecast on Friday I made a split second decision to buy some crab traps off of craigslist friday afternoon, rigged them up Friday night, and hit the water about 6:30 am on Saturday and laid up on a protected shoreline. Laid 9 traps and caught one or two keepers on each run. The fifth crab I caught turned out to be a Jumbo at 7.5'' and I knew it was huge as soon as I started pulling the trap up. Also drifted and caught some croaker and small stripers on a top and bottom rig but I was mainly concerned with crabbing. Ended up taking about 2 dozen home for dinner. I had a great time and look forward to getting out there again. Here's some pictures from the day:
          Attached Files
          Shane
          Hobie Outback

Comment

thanks for a great time guys!!
            14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
            2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Once again you guys put on a great tournament. Thanks and I am looking forward to next year.
              Jim

Hobie Outback
              TKAA member
              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Had an awesome time at the tournament. It was great to meet everyone there and it was even better that my big "greenback" perch managed to win something for me. Can't wait to defend my title next year!!
                Fishing adds years to your life, and life to your years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOGFISH View Post
                  Is that how he became a gear junkie; he met Sam?

Seriously, the tournament was a great event.
                  Don, just saw this! Too funny! She's amassed quite the collection of fishing gear! She's definitely lucky in the raffles!
                  Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                  Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                  https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for coming out and making it a great event! We worked hard all year and I hope it showed! Expect to hear more from us and if you have an interest in becoming part of the CBKA organization group, please let me know!

Here's the slideshow:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1032705...eat=directlink
                    Last edited by Redfish12; 09-21-2012, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Thank You to the CBKA Team for another awesome Tournament. I will try to get BassPro to come up with some better prizes for next year. Maybe even get a Yak Donated. The Manager I've been dealing with is very receptive to supporting our event I just have to convince him to loosen the purse strings a bit. As for the others I asked, I'm sure they will be back with us next year. I NEVER expected to win anything in the CRAB Division. I just saw this guy swimming along the Top of the water and figured what the hell, grabbed the striper net and scooped him up about 10 yrds form where I was gonna pull out. Thanks for a good outing and can't wait till next year. Please let us know the date as soon as possible so we can all plan ahead. Got an idea on next year. Since the raffle raised more than was raised for our main charity, why don't we switch the benefactors around. The raffle made more than twice the amount as the registration amount. As it looks, CCA made out better than Make a Wish...
                      You guys at CBKA all deserve a pat on the back for a job well done!!!!! I will be there next year. Now I have to get ready for my first trip to TKAA. I've been wanting to go there ever since I started kayak fishing. I just hope to catch SOMETHING. I've been wanting to fish the Ships at Kipto since I first saw KK's video!!!
                      Tom
                      Tom Brown
                      Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
                      2012 Hobie PA 14'
                      Ocean Kayak Tident 13
                      2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Thanks for all your help Tom! Congrats on the win in the crab division!

Comment

Comment

Thanks for all the kind comments. Appreciate all the help from Tom & Don with sponsors, Ed S. on the t-shirt pickup and all the CBKA guys. Would not have happened without them. Yeah, lots of work but in the end well worth it. And we'll do it again next year!

Final numbers after expenses: A $500 donation from Carefree Boats makes our total donation to Make-a-Wish $2026! The raffle mostly benefits CCA and the total was $1938!

42 kids went to the Olympics this past summer with our itty bitty little bit of assistance. Did anyone hear about CCA uncovering another illegal gill net last week? Our little contribution might help CCA and their conservation efforts somewhat. Does it really matter?

Of course, I am being facetious. You guys rock! It sure does! Every bit of your participation helps these causes. If these seem like worthwhile causes to you c'mon out again next year. If you couldn't make it mark your calendars now... Sept. 14, 15 & 16.

Comment

Working...
                            X