No announcement yet.

Jonas Green Wednesday 9/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am mostly a live bait guy too, and having a peeler or two on hand is great advice, for either the larger perch or the occasional striper. Go UNDER the piers in the dark deep places. That's where the perch definitely are where there's a hard or sandy bottom. If it's lower tide, they'll be near the end of the pier, if it's higher tide, they'll be about in the middle. Razor clams work great too as an alternative to bloodworms, and they are $6.75 at Angler's, whereas bloodworms are $10 +. You can also freeze clams for the next trip too, just keep 'em cold.

Anglers usually has the peelers for $2 a piece, which is a bargain in my book. Had good luck w/ the kastmaster shiny metal lure too, but I use it more as a surface lure when the gulls are around for breaking fish. Talk about action! They hit it hard. There's a special technique of jigging the kastmaster going down slower that I haven't mastered yet, if you can locate a school of rock.

Comment

Originally posted by Aesiegel View Post
      I'll be launching from Jonas.

John, are you planning on Tucker St. or Jonas if you make it out?

Ed -

Tucker St is 10 mins closer for me plus I can start fishing the minute I am in the water and have quick access to sheltered areas if it is windy. It sounds like you will be finished by the time I arrive. If your plans change I could meet you elsewhere.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

I'm working the night shift getting off at 0700. My plan is to get a 4 hr nap in, then load up and hit the road by 1300. I have to stop for a MD fishing license along the way. My ETA is kind of up in the air due distance and stops, not to mention my nap and night shift head fog. I have close to a two hour drive. Shooting for 1500 at Jonas Park. I'll be in a tan Hobbie Outback. Paddle/peddle up and say hey if you see me out there. This will be a whole new experience for me.
        Hobie Outback

Ken Smith

Comment

Anyone have any suggestions on what to throw considering the change in temp and all the rain yesterday? Natural colors, bright colors, realistic, noisy, shiny, etc?
          LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
          Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Bait might be a good idea with the changes in weather, or slow down your presentation of lures. Good luck guys looking forward to the report.
            Ryan
            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Ken,
              You can purchase and print a MD fishing license online. https://compass.dnr.maryland.gov/dnrcompassportal
              Hobie PA 12

Comment

hope you guys do well this morning. We'll be out there tomorrow morning.
                <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Metroman, where are you launching tomorrow?
                  Hobie PA 12

Comment

Originally posted by MetroMan View Post
                    hope you guys do well this morning. We'll be out there tomorrow morning.
                    You Crabbing?

Comment

Doug and Ken,
                      I'll be launching around 10:00 - 10:30. I'll post some intel when I can.

Ed
                      Looks like I'll be down that way about the same time. A few errands to run and loose ends to tie up and I'm headed that way. I'll be in a red/yellow Manatee DLX (Sold by LL Bean made by Perception)
                      LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
                      Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Metroman, where are you launching tomorrow?
                        Jonas. Myself, Myt, & Foursteps.

CB Kayak 02,

Nah...just gonna fish for perch. Just a quick, pre-work trip. Planning on 6:30-9:30. I need to get some meat in the freezer. I think Foursteps will crab after we finish fishing though.

Comment

Jonas. Myself, Myt, & Foursteps.

CB Kayak 02,

Nah...just gonna fish for perch. Just a quick, pre-work trip. Planning on 6:30-9:30. I need to get some meat in the freezer. I think Foursteps will crab after we finish fishing though.
                          Got ya, I might meet you guys over there. Get a little perch action in (I want a citation perch bad and maybe some more reds!!!!) before I leave tomorrow night for TKAA..

Comment

Aint TKAA NEXT weekend!?!?

Comment

Aint TKAA NEXT weekend!?!?
                              the 21st and 22nd.... or else my whole life is gonna get flipped upside down.....

Comment

LMFAO

http://tkaa.org/tournament/schedule.html

Comment

Working...
                                X