No announcement yet.

Fishing Goals 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally joined the 21st century, got a smart phone and am learning to type with my thumbs while on the commuter bus. Anyway, I met my 2012 goals of catching a snakehead (2), catching a citation, and catching a fish every month. However, I didn't get a striper over 26" or a slot redfish in Maryland, so I'll try for those in 2013. I'd like to add some new species, too.

It's cool to see everyone did pretty well with their goals for last year. I'm looking forward to fishing with you guys this year.
    Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
    Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Originally posted by ictalurus View Post
      I finally joined the 21st century, got a smart phone and am learning to type with my thumbs while on the commuter bus. Anyway, I met my 2012 goals of catching a snakehead (2), catching a citation, and catching a fish every month. However, I didn't get a striper over 26" or a slot redfish in Maryland, so I'll try for those in 2013. I'd like to add some new species, too.

It's cool to see everyone did pretty well with their goals for last year. I'm looking forward to fishing with you guys this year.
      What local new species did u have in mind??
      14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
      2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Originally posted by kevinfry View Post
        What local new species did u have in mind??
        Probably won't be local. I wanna take a vacation sometime later this year. Maybe try for sheepshead, spades, or tog.
        Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Originally posted by ictalurus View Post
          I finally joined the 21st century, got a smart phone and am learning to type with my thumbs while on the commuter bus.
          What? smart phone?
          I recognized a computer virus on my laptop yesterday. I spent the whole day yesterday, but I couldn't kill it. Today I bought a new laptop and left the old one at Best Buy for service. The new laptop came with d@m# Windows 8. I've been pulling my hair to figure out how to use Windows 8. I guess I won't have a smart phone for a while.

Anyway while you were thumbing the smart phone and cradling the baby, I caught my first pickerel. Two were at 22 and 23 inches.

joe
          Fish like there's no tomorrow.
          Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Yeah 8 is a pain!! LOL On the old Laptop try malwarebytes. It's free and fixes nearly everything I have thrown at it. I provided Helpdesk support for a few years and I have seen my share of some nasty ones!! LOL

Originally posted by ComeOnFish View Post
            What? smart phone?
            I recognized a computer virus on my laptop yesterday. I spent the whole day yesterday, but I couldn't kill it. Today I bought a new laptop and left the old one at Best Buy for service. The new laptop came with d@m# Windows 8. I've been pulling my hair to figure out how to use Windows 8. I guess I won't have a smart phone for a while.

Anyway while you were thumbing the smart phone and cradling the baby, I caught my first pickerel. Two were at 22 and 23 inches.

joe

Comment

Originally posted by ComeOnFish View Post

joe
              I'm glad someone is catching fish so I can live vicariously. Windows 8 really stinks. If I wanted a phone instead of a laptop, I would've bought one. You can't downgrade to 7 easily, either.
              Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Another thing about malwarebytes, is if you scan frequently, you tend to catch things before they get out of control.

As far as the new computers, I think my next one will be an Apple. I have just about run out of patience with window PCs. Just an opinion or something that has recently set in with me.

Comment

Don ....... I did the same thing last year ......... bought a 17" MacBook Pro ......... about double the cost of a Windows Based but I love it ........ the software that comes with it is great too ........ Love Imovie ........ since then I bought an Ipad2 and when I get a new phone it will be an Iphone ....also love that the Icloud will update all of your devices and store everythig so you can restore if there is a problem ....... and Facetime is great ....... like getting instant video calls ........ grand daughter calls me and she can show me what she she kept trying to show me when we talked on the regular phone .......... got tired of the viruses and lack of support .......... Expensive but worth it ........

Comment

Thanks. I tend to agree.

Comment

Looks like I am going to achieve my goal for 2013, going to venture in the waters for the first time this Sunday (even got permission from the wife)! The weather looks great and it's time to get the yak alittle dirty. I am going to launch out of Edgewood and hit the Bush river. My main goal is to get down the basic maneuvering, get comfortable with my FF, and try out my anchor and stake out pole. Of course I am bringing a few rods...two ultra lights and a medium action. Hopefully I can land a few perch once I can navigate with confidence. I might work a few inlets and finish up under some piers and jig around the railroad bridge. Using a gitzit micro minnow and a white grub on my ultra lights, and a 1/2 ounce kastmaster on my medium action rod.

It's going to be so nice not being landlocked.
                      2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                      2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                      2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Put Fish in the yak every month; 2-3 trips to the OBX; Pensacola in July-Aug; CBBT; Bay Bridge; St Mary's Lake (since it's only three miles from home; but I'm not sure how the yak will take the fresh water!); The Rip.

I can peddle for miles and miles and miles

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day.
                        Teach a boy to fish; he'll grow up to be a man
                        and sit in his kayak and drink beer all day.

To Fish today or not to Fish today
                        This is the quesiton that tries men's souls
                        Fishin Bob
                        Hobie Pro Angler 14
                        Carolina Skiff 18JVX

Comment

Catch my first fish from a kayak
                          Fish under the Bay Bridge
                          Catch a keeper Striper
                          Catch, clean, cook and eat a Snakehead
                          Catch Pickerel in the Severn
                          Catch Lg Mouth Bass on topwater

I could go on, but I'll save some for next year.
                          BRETT
                          Red/Yellow COBRA Navigator

Comment

I'm going to focus on striped bass more this year since I fished the Potomac/Mattawomen mostly in 2012 and went for freshwater species. It's back to saltwater species for 2013.
                            2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Working...
                            X